echo 520

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 520 will continue to get stronger as time goes on. But it should pull a 20" bar buried without much trouble. No, you cant lean on it hard, but if the chain is right it should self feed pretty good, and you should be able to put some decent weight on it.

Ill admit, you are asking alot of it with what you are doing, a 670 is better suited for that job. With a 24" bar.

520 is like the ultimate firewood saw, and 14-28" bucking saw for the money, the weight, the comfort, etc..

The 520 will continue to get stronger as time goes on. But it should pull a 20" bar buried without much trouble. No, you cant lean on it hard, but if the chain is right it should self feed pretty good, and you should be able to put some decent weight on it.

Ill admit, you are asking alot of it with what you are doing, a 670 is better suited for that job. With a 24" bar.

520 is like the ultimate firewood saw, and 14-28" bucking saw for the money, the weight, the comfort, etc..
My 520 pulls the 20" bar just fine, but I find the 16" to make the saw a little easier to handle when bucking and limbing. No sense in running the longer bar if Im bucking pieces that are shorter than 16".
I know that people on here have an attitude that Echos are slow, but my 520 runs head to head with my brother's Stihl 026. Not to mention my Echo starts in about half as many pulls as his Stihl does...

I seem to be a bit more conservative than most when it comes to matching up saws with bars/chains. I own a 262XP, and consider it about as good as it gets for an overall and all-around mid-sized chainsaw. I can't remember it's power rating right off hand, but it has PLENTY. Even so, I consider it best suited to an 18" bar with 3/8" full chizel chain.

The CS-520 Echo is a fine saw, as strong as any other 48-50cc saw I've used, and it is maxxed out with an 18" bar running .325" chain, IMHO. Does a fine job with it, but it would not be well suited to more bar or more chain.

It has proven to be (despite the big black cloud that seems to be found over Echo chainsaws) dead solid reliable in all areas, and fast as anything else I've ever ran in the 50cc class after muffler modding it......Cliff

My experience with the gray Echo CS-520:
- Product Quality: Simple issues that shouldn't be issues in the first place (screws vibrating loose and falling out, half of slotted screw heads snapping off)
- Warranty claims: Echo policy requires ALL product issues during the warranty period be handled by an Echo Dealers
- Warranty claims: Echo dealers require you to pay $50 to just look at the saw and file a claim (even if it is clear without disassembly a cover screw is missing or other screw head is broken)
- Warranty claims: Echo owners need to wait 4-6 weeks for Echo Dealer and Echo Warranty Claims Dept to review/approve repair and make repair.
- Echo Customer Service: They are adamant to following Echo Corporate Policy.

See my post on this: http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...oor-quality-and-poor-customer-service.299745/

Latest posts

Back