Echo 530 Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lumbarleft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently scored a new Echo CS-530-20" still in the box through Ebay. I have several CS-500P chainsaws already, but for the price I got the CS-530, I couldn't pass it up. I have not started it yet, but I pulled a plug and ran a compression test with the throttle trigger taped wide open. I got 179 PSI and the rope pull confirms the test. I wish they had installed a decompression valve on this saw to go easy on my torn rotator cuff - ha! Don't get me wrong, as I love the compression reading. I'll have to run another test after the saw breaks in a little. Weight was 11.5 pounds PHO - no fluids, with no cutting spikes installed yet. She's just a tad heavier than the CS-520P which came in at 11.2 pounds with bucking spikes installed, and my CS-500Ps are running 10.8 pounds with spikes installed.

If anyone out there has performed a muffler mod on this particular model, I would appreciate a little advice. I am curious about what I will find when I take the muffler off, and how it is constructed etc. I am guessing that it is a cat muffler, but might be wrong, as my CS-500P saws were not. If you have any tips on the mod for this particular saw, I would appreciate it much.

The 510/520/530 series of Echo's are my favourites. You can either remove the baffle, or simply drill it, and then add another exit on the muffler right next to the factory exit, and remove the screen(I used a 1/2" carbide drill bit). It sounds great when you do this, too. Don't forget to retune here. Loads of vids on the youtubes on how to do so.

Latest posts

Back