• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Echo 590 modded muffler and fixed 361 high jet install $300.00 OBO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacklefty

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello gents!
Here’s another rebuild I’ve got sitting in my shop. No port work but it has a muffler mod and the 361 high jet installed in the carb. It’s got a new oil pump and gear, new crank seals, new clutch and clutch bell, carb clean and the high jet replaced. She cuts well. I don’t want to get rid of her but I’ve got too many 60cc saws. Video included
$ 275.00 plus shipping obo

]

Attachments

• 3E44BFFE-1CB7-4FDE-8A7E-E55631F0F50C.jpeg
    3E44BFFE-1CB7-4FDE-8A7E-E55631F0F50C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 60B7841B-79DF-411E-B213-627EEC6FAF8A.jpeg
    60B7841B-79DF-411E-B213-627EEC6FAF8A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • C97C6779-E268-47D5-820E-C151FED20329.jpeg
    C97C6779-E268-47D5-820E-C151FED20329.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
He hasn’t been back since 11/20
Appreciate it. New here. New to forums in general…I think this is the first I’ve ever posted to one. Curious your opinion if you don’t mind. I bought an echo saw (same as this one) about 6 years ago. I use it for my own firewood and help my dad with his. I’ve cut a lot of wood with it and have been pretty happy. I’ve never owned a good pro saw. I’ve just used this one and whatever cheaper stuff my dad had when I was a kid. So I guess I can’t really compare but this saw has suited my needs and was pretty affordable. I have 2 extra bars and about 15 loops for it. I crushed it a couple months ago with a big log and I need to get back to working on my wood for next year. Part of me wants to get the same thing because I have a bunch of chains and I’ll have spare parts but the other part of me thinks I should just get a Stihl or Husqvarna pro saw and not waste money on something that isn’t going to last. The oiler did kind of suck on the echo and I’m in a bit better spot financially than I was when I bought it. But having an extra saw for parts and a bunch of extra chains plus it worked well for me….I’m just wondering yours or anyone’s opinion on the matter. Am I being stupid and just go with a proven high quality saw or stick with what was working and save some money?

I had an echo 590 for three years. Can’t beat the value of it. They run a weird drive link setup at least in the 20” bar that I had. 70 vs 72 links for stihl and I think husky. I sold it for $300 when I bought my ms462. That stihl is 72cc, a bit lighter vs a 590 and way more power. That being said it’s also a $400 home owner/farm saw vs a pro saw at $1200. The echo is a good value but I new after running my 462 that I’d never use it again. Depends on your use and budget really. I’m just a firewood guy, cutting and burning 4-6 cords a year with a sprinkle of side work mixed in. I’ll always buy pro saws from here out and I’ll never buy or recommend any husky.

I had an echo 590 for three years. Can’t beat the value of it. They run a weird drive link setup at least in the 20” bar that I had. 70 vs 72 links for stihl and I think husky. I sold it for $300 when I bought my ms462. That stihl is 72cc, a bit lighter vs a 590 and way more power. That being said it’s also a $400 home owner/farm saw vs a pro saw at $1200. The echo is a good value but I new after running my 462 that I’d never use it again. Depends on your use and budget really. I’m just a firewood guy, cutting and burning 4-6 cords a year with a sprinkle of side work mixed in. I’ll always buy pro saws from here out and I’ll never buy or recommend any husky.
Thank you, I really appreciate your advice!

Appreciate it. New here. New to forums in general…I think this is the first I’ve ever posted to one. Curious your opinion if you don’t mind. I bought an echo saw (same as this one) about 6 years ago. I use it for my own firewood and help my dad with his. I’ve cut a lot of wood with it and have been pretty happy. I’ve never owned a good pro saw. I’ve just used this one and whatever cheaper stuff my dad had when I was a kid. So I guess I can’t really compare but this saw has suited my needs and was pretty affordable. I have 2 extra bars and about 15 loops for it. I crushed it a couple months ago with a big log and I need to get back to working on my wood for next year. Part of me wants to get the same thing because I have a bunch of chains and I’ll have spare parts but the other part of me thinks I should just get a Stihl or Husqvarna pro saw and not waste money on something that isn’t going to last. The oiler did kind of suck on the echo and I’m in a bit better spot financially than I was when I bought it. But having an extra saw for parts and a bunch of extra chains plus it worked well for me….I’m just wondering yours or anyone’s opinion on the matter. Am I being stupid and just go with a proven high quality saw or stick with what was working and save some money?
The 590 is a great firewood saw and if you can fix it for a decent price I think you would be happy doing so. A finely tuned saw with a sharp chain will beat most other chainsaws at the firewood block regardless of whether they're a Stihl, Husq, or Echo - not that it matters!

Back