ECHO CS 3000, carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdesigns

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
posted this on Arborist 101 and homeowners and maybe I need to post it here instead.

Hi, I have an echo cs3000. I have had it for 7 years and I have worked it real hard for light stuff. I use my other saws for the heavy. Its nice and light to carry around. Anyways I had some carb problems for the 1st time since I got it this past winter. I cleaned out the carb put it back together and I just CAN'T get the settings right. Can anyone walk me through how to set it correctly? Also what's the deal with the limiter caps and how do I get them off if needed.

Thanks Joel
:bang:

After removing plastic limiter stops.
Initial setting for low speed and high speed mixture needles is 1 1/4 turns open from lightly seated.
To adjust mixture screws remove and clean air filter and reinstall it. Start engine and allow it to run
to normal operating temp turn idle speed stop screw so engine idles about 2700-3300 rpm and chain
doesn't move. Adjust low speed mixture needle (L) so the engine idles smoothly and excelerates without
hesitation. Readjust idle speed if necessary to just below clutch engagement speed. Adjust high speed
mixture needle (H) to provide the best performance while operating at max speed under load. The high
speed mixture screw may be set slightly rich to improve performance under load. The mixture needles
should end up being within 1/4 turn of the initial settings. I have had to set mine a little on the rich side
to give it power needed when cutting. If you have a tach the no load max speed with bar and chain
installed is 11,000 to 12,000 rpm. My is set at about 11,000.

Did you get a new carburetor to reed block gasket and make sure it seated correctly when you reinstalled the screws?

They are a PITA to get right the first time and no other generic gasket seems to hold up long.

What were the original symptoms that made you clean the carburetor in the first place?

i replaced the fuel filter, air filter, and took the whole thing apart, blew it out several times and it just wouldn't get power. it would bog down just after i started. Good spark. So, I figured it was the carb. When I got the carb off there was a chamber all filled with crud. Cleaned it out, put it back together and it ran. Ran ok but would stall on the idle and at the high end. So then I started messing with the H and L screws. I read somewhere that you need to get the limiter caps off in order to do a true adjustment. How do I get them off?

No its the same carb, I believe I got everything set right in the correct place I did not replace anything within the carb. It seemed ok. what is "reed block gasket" ?

thanks Joel

Last edited:
Hello I have a echo cs 3000. And no matter what I do to adjust the idle I can't keep it idle where I want it. I do believe it is sucking air somewhere. Please add any info thanks.

Latest posts

Back