Echo CS-3000 problems!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Local # 17 T.T.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey, I posted on here awhile back about a bogging down problem that my saw is having. The saw seems to start well and when the throttle is squeezed, it revs good and the rpms seem high enough. The problem is as soon as I put the saw in a piece of wood it completely bogs down, almost to the point of stalling sometimes. My previous post on here, you guys said that the chain could be binding from having the cutters filed wrong. Well I put a new chain on and I am still having the same problem. I think its a carburetor adjustment problem. My question is how difficult is it to adjust the carb? Do I need a tachometer? I've heard others say they do it all by sound, how? On the high and low adjustment, how much on each? The owners manual gives kinda unclear directions, so hopefully I can get some advice here. If for some reason its not the carb, any idea what else it could be??? Thanks for the help....

Mike :umpkin:

Look at the intake boot and the fuel line. When you go into a piece of wood, it flexes
both of those, and a small crack can get large and do the symtoms you describe. If
both look fine, then go through the carb. Do not attempt to cure your problem
by adjusting the carb, or you will be needing a new saw soon.
Find and repair the problem.

First thing,check your carb setting,should be around 1 turn out from seated(lightly).The problem could be your HI adj being too lean,so bring it to around 1 turn out.Try it after adjusting.If problem persists,check your fuel filter in the tank if clean.If ok,then your carb has to be cleaned .

Fish said:
Look at the intake boot and the fuel line. When you go into a piece of wood, it flexes
both of those, and a small crack can get large and do the symtoms you describe. If
both look fine, then go through the carb. Do not attempt to cure your problem
by adjusting the carb, or you will be needing a new saw soon.
Find and repair the problem.
The Cs-3000 dont have intake boot,the reed is attached directly to the crankcase,some others models have boot though.

Sorry, not many Echos come my way, impulse through the same mount? No line?
I should have added impulse line in the first response.
But you would agree, that a saw that all of the sudden started running weird,
should be fixed, and not just have the carb adjusted?

Fish said:
But you would agree, that a saw that all of the sudden started running weird,
should be fixed, and not just have the carb adjusted?
You re right,but i understand the guy that want to see if he can do something before the repair shop.

Back