Echo CS 301 Idles but won't rev

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Brown

Reaction score
I loaned my Echo climbing saw out and it came back running like crap. It idles but stalls when I Rev it. I've changed the fuel mixture, cleaned air filter

i would take the muffler off and see if the piston is scored last saw i loaned out came back scored.... i wont be loaning any out again.....if your luck its something simple like a fuel line or a filter... but i would check just to be sure.... if not its just fuel related......

If the piston checks out OK try setting the L screw a little richer (1/8 - 1/4 turn ccw)...
Also, you wouldn't believe what people fill into loaners - the fuel filter might be clogged.

Anyone know the starter rope diameter and how many turns the pulley needs to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks

Anyone know the starter rope diameter and how many turns the pulley needs to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks

Diameter and length listed in attachment.

Attachments

• cs-301,341,346 Service data.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 3
Back