Echo CS-330EVL max rpm setting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifford NC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently bought an Echo CS-330EVL online for $35. It was very dirty, but after a general cleaning and a carb clean, it runs great!
I changed the high a little bit while tuning it, if someone knows the max unloaded (out of wood) rpm to set the high speed, please let me know.
Thanks.

I found a user's manual and a service manual online as pdf files. There was a max operating rpm but I think that is in wood.

I found a user's manual and a service manual online as pdf files. There was a max operating rpm but I think that is in wood.
They don't list max unloaded rpm.
Initial setting of both low and high speed mixture screws on CS-330EVL
models is 1 I/4 turns open from a lightly seated position.
Perform final carburetor adjustments with engine at operating temperature and running. Adjust idle speed screw just below clutch engagement speed. Adjust low speed mixture screw so engine will accelerate cleanly without hesitation. Adjust high speed mixture screw to obtain optimum performance under cutting load.
Then you can check the high speed rpm with a tach and write it down for future reference.

Ok, another question - idle speed drops after the saw warms up. Air leak? There is not a high idle feature built into the carburetor - that feature is built into the handlebar. I am not using the high idle.

Latest posts

Back