Echo CS-340

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesD

Reaction score
I have an older Echo CS-340 serial number
with a 14 inch bar. I bought it for a couple bucks at a garage sale, repaired it and love it but don’t have any paperwork for it. I looked at the bar yesterday and see that outside edge of the bar on both sides is rolled over all the way around. Pretty sure this has been causing some cutting problems. I put a shim in the groove and started to peen the metal back into position without collapsing the chain groove. This worked up to a point where some of the metal was splitting away. So I decided I needed a new bar.
Such a long lead in sorry.
Can I put a longer 16 inch bar and chain on this saw? Saw runs perfectly and I don’t have but a few incidences where I would need the extra length but it would be handy.
I see in an Echo parts catalouge 12, 14, and 16 inch bars and part numbers.

Am I assuming correctly I can run 3 different size bar and chains and if so is there any reason not to go up to the bigger 16 inch bar and chain?

If I can change over do I need to replace anything besides the bar and chain?
Thanks for taking a look and any help will be appreciated.

The Intenz bar has the chain adjustment built in, would have to remove your chain adjuster from your clutch cover to use it. Standard bar types work good. No reason you can't use a "16 bar but "14 Is optional size.

Steve

The Intenz bar has the chain adjustment built in, would have to remove your chain adjuster from your clutch cover to use it. Standard bar types work good. No reason you can't use a "16 bar but "14 Is optional size.

Steve
Thanks Steve
I looked up Intenz info, pretty slick thank you.
I guess I will just stick with the standard 14 inch set up.
Thanks

My 346, which is a later version of the same saw but in a rear handle configuration, came with a 16" bar on it straight from Echo.
The bar is very similar, if not the exact same other than color and logo, to the Oregon Advance Cut bar and chain combo sold at Wallyworld for about $28.
But I believe the 3400, 340, and 341 top handle saws come with a taller profile, multi-rivet bar similar to the Oregon Pro-Lite.

Either style will work.

A041 mount, also the same as the newer small Poulan saws.

I have an older Echo CS-340 serial number
with a 14 inch bar. I bought it for a couple bucks at a garage sale, repaired it and love it but don’t have any paperwork for it. I looked at the bar yesterday and see that outside edge of the bar on both sides is rolled over all the way around. Pretty sure this has been causing some cutting problems. I put a shim in the groove and started to peen the metal back into position without collapsing the chain groove. This worked up to a point where some of the metal was splitting away. So I decided I needed a new bar.
Such a long lead in sorry.
Can I put a longer 16 inch bar and chain on this saw? Saw runs perfectly and I don’t have but a few incidences where I would need the extra length but it would be handy.
I see in an Echo parts catalouge 12, 14, and 16 inch bars and part numbers.

Am I assuming correctly I can run 3 different size bar and chains and if so is there any reason not to go up to the bigger 16 inch bar and chain?

If I can change over do I need to replace anything besides the bar and chain?
Thanks for taking a look and any help will be appreciated.
You may want to look at your drive sprocket. If the bar is worn that badly, the sprocket most likely is as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I just recently put a 16" bar on a Echo 310, handles it just fine.

I modded it, retuned and this little saw started getting a attitude so had to hold it back a little :D

Back