is a echo CS-500LV a "pro" chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keatons

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i was wondering is a echo cs-500lv was a pro chainsaw, and mine is not too bad. and before I go any farther THEY HAD RECALS on the flywheel blowing up at high speeds, that only applied to certain models you can look it up, if yours has a recall take it to the dealer and they will get you a brand new saw, back to what I was saying. i currently have a 20 inch bar on it, could I put anything longer on it? or is that a good size for it. it is not a bad saw at all I got mine for free and got it running, I have not cut wood with it yet since I got it in winter. thanks for the help- Keaton

I'm assuming you're talking about a cs 500vl not lv. They wernt really "pro" saws, but built very well. The issue you mentioned with the flywheel should have been taken care of 30 years ago by now, so not a worry. It's a 50cc saw so I wouldn't puch it over 20" bar. Usually I'll stick with a 16 or 18" on the smaller saws.

Latest posts

Back