Echo Chainsaw CS-306 Starts and idles fine, but engine doesn’t rev up when I pull the trigger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw wasn't rigged in any way. The brass thing does not move when I pull the trigger. I'm heading back out to look inside of the CS-305, and compare, then I'll report back.

Why? What is the difference? I know with the X-series there are a lot of new ease of use updates, and I am interest in the CS-2511P because it is the lightest weight gas chainsaw in the world....=)
your choice of course, just offering another. the echo 361P has more power as the engine is about the size of your current saw and is still very light and about 100.00 less to buy new. the 2511's are only 25cc and that isn't much. good for trimming small branches.

Ok, I see the wire in the CS-305 pull the brass thing. So, PROBLEM found. Thank you all. NOW, what do I do about it, meaning how do I fix it? Do I have to order a new wire and thread it through or can I use a similar size wire I already have here, (or the one out of the CS-305)?
(attached picture is of the CS-305, not the CS-306 that I'm trying to fix)

Attachments

• 20231102_180929.jpg
    20231102_180929.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 0
your choice of course, just offering another. the echo 361P has more power as the engine is about the size of your current saw and is still very light and about 100.00 less to buy new. the 2511's are only 25cc and that isn't much. good for trimming small branches.
Oh, I didn't realize that the engine in the 2511 was less powerful... Thanks for pointing that out as I do not want a less powerful saw. I took down almost two arces of woods with some trees so large I couldn't put my arms around them, with just my little CS-305 chainsaw and my Oliver 500 tractor...=) I love the CS-305 & 306...

if the cable is damaged, yes you must replace it. the 305 and 306 should be the same cable. I have a 306 also. and an older 290EVL.
Ok, so I just pull out the broken cable, then take the good cable off of the CS-305 and it will just slide into the CS_306, correct? And then I suppose I copy however it is that I unattached it in reverse, correct?

So the 2511 has a 25cc, the CS-306 has a 30cc, and the one you suggested has a 36cc? And 5 to 6cc makes a big difference?

Oh, I didn't realize that the engine in the 2511 was less powerful... Thanks for pointing that out as I do not want a less powerful saw. I took down almost two arces of woods with some trees so large I couldn't put my arms around them, with just my little CS-305 chainsaw and my Oliver 500 tractor...=) I love the CS-305 & 306...

Attachments

• Image173.jpg
    Image173.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 2
f you're going to use the 306 and not use the 305, put the 305 muffler on the 306. the 306 was an EPA compliant model with a catalytic converter in the muffler. the 305 muffler flows exhaust much better.

Hey FF, thank-you again for your help and your kind words. I don't have much experience with lots of different types of chainsaws, but knowing the abuse I've put both those tiny Echo saws with 14" bars through I think they're badass. (Note: the reason I have two Echos, is because the canopy of the trees on my property is dense, and more than once I've gotten my saw pinched in a tree I was felling, okay often enough that my Dad bought me the second saw, >grins<...=) I'm not sure what a top handle saw even feels like, or what benefits it has. I did purchase, though returned a Echo CS-310, I was so turned off by how much of it was plastic, but I guess that's the new thing...=/
But you're right if I can get the 306 running, I'll resist the urge to get a new saw. Well at least for now. I've been strongly considering milling my own lumber as I desperately need to build a second shop, (which I'm completely capable of doing by myself), and lumber is so expensive right now. If my Dad was still alive I would do it in a heartbeat, as I would have an amazing teacher and someone to bail me of the troubles I'd get myself into...<3
Ok, I'm going to attempt to switch the wire cables... I'll let everyone know how it goes! Thank-you!

Ok, I see the wire in the CS-305 pull the brass thing. So, PROBLEM found. Thank you all. NOW, what do I do about it, meaning how do I fix it? Do I have to order a new wire and thread it through or can I use a similar size wire I already have here, (or the one out of the CS-305)?
(attached picture is of the CS-305, not the CS-306 that I'm trying to fix)
Based on this photo it looks like the cable wears where it enters the airbox. Looks like it wore through on your other saw and broke. There may also be a plastic anti-friction sleeve that is either missing or disintegrated. Get an IPL of the saw and find out what is supposed to be there and replace everything at once.

Latest posts

Back