Echo Chainsaw CS-306 Starts and idles fine, but engine doesn’t rev up when I pull the trigger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your throttle cable looks like it's frayed where it comes out of the housing. The hook at the end might not be oriented correctly.
Saw Salvage has the part for $17.

Attachments

• Cable end 1.PNG
    Cable end 1.PNG
    681.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Cable end 2.PNG
    Cable end 2.PNG
    811.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Throttle Cable.PNG
    Throttle Cable.PNG
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
SUCCESS!!! The throttle wire was broken on the other end. I swapped it out with the one from my CS-305.
I'm so GRATEFUL for everyone's help, and super happy! Though, I have to admit that was a challenging undertaking, as I had to disassemble so much on each saw. Getting the wire rehooked took forever and lots of small tools. Not a job I'd want to take on again, but thanks to all the help, at least if I have to, I know how.
THIS WAS A SUPER HELPFUL FORUM!!! (I wish the Ford F-150 forum was half as good...=(.....)

Thankful ~London

(Steve I didn't see your message until now. What is an IPL? and if a part was missing, then it was missing from both saws...=(.....)
(Flat - the 305 has been cannibalized more than once to keep the 306 running, so sadly it was a parts baby before this...=(.....)

(Steve I didn't see your message until now. What is an IPL? and if a part was missing, then it was missing from both saws...=(.....)
(Flat - the 305 has been cannibalized more than once to keep the 306 running, so sadly it was a parts baby before this...=(.....)
IPL = Illustrated Parts List. The issue is that the inner throttle wire should NOT be in contact or rubbing on any other metal. Based on the photos it looks like the "hook" on the end of the cable needs to go in from the carb body side to keep this from happening. There may be a plastic sleeve inside the outer cable to keep this from happening. I didn't see any other missing parts in the posted IPL.

Latest posts

Back