Echo CS-400 M.M .Tune Wet Spark plug.??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atechguy

Atechguy

ArboristSite Lurker
HI! Guys ,, I have Done the M.M. and tune ,, I can't say i am done with the tune yet ,,because i haven't got it in to any log cutting maybe tomorrow ,, it definitely rev's up quickly ,, is idling good , i didn't run it more the 10- 12 minutes ,, it is about 39f outside here , the question i wanted to ask was when i pulled out the spark plug NGK BPMR-8y Canada model it was wet ,, is it because i am still running rich or didn't run it long to get it hot enough being colder temps. Gas is fresh 91 with synthetic oil 40:1 . After doing M.M. i tried to open of the L screw could go to far before stalling,, i think i may have to turn up idle speed when doing the L screw?,, H-screw is under 3 turns CCW. Any ideas about Plug. Colder Temps, and M.M. need higher heat range plug?? Thanks

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Your over thinking everything. A wet spark plug is from flodding or over rich tune. When adjusting L it can take idle up or down. Set it so throttle response is clean without hesitation. lf its a new saw lots of idleing and fiddling is not really good, it needs breaking in so tune it and cut wood with saw under load. Don't worry about heat ranges and plugs, the OEM probably knows what plug to put in their saw. You said the saw idled and spooled up well so return needles to where that happens. lt should four stroke when out of wood at WOT. Congrats on new saw, echoes are tuff saws so go be tuff on that little feller and give it a workout. Babying a new saw is not a good idea, its gas pressure that will seat rings and give a good break in so you need to create lots of it!! GO CUT WOOD FULL THROTTLE!

Atechguy

Atechguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Hey! CR888 thanks , i can't say it is brand new , i bought it seized from owner , but he said it was new ?? Who knows it looks very low hours , i had it unseized in no time and running , compression 148psi , like mentioned i need to do some cutting to see if it needs further richening etc,, just thought it was odd plug was wet.

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
You need to find out why it siezed originally, was it no oil in fuel? was it an air leak? If it was an air leak you will re-sieze the saw by running it. Can you do a pressure/vac test? You need to diagnose 'why' it siezed. lf it was just no oil........go on as you were.

Atechguy

Atechguy

ArboristSite Lurker
I had an early post on this seized saw , i believe it was his mixture , which was dumped when i got it , maybe lean from the factory , checked for scorn ,scuffed cylinder and piston,, threw exhaust port ,, wasn't full view ,, compression good starts and runs good ever since i worked my abracada bra . ;)

CoreyB

CoreyB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wet plug is usually flooded. It may just be thar rich but I would think it would run like crap if it was that rich.

Atechguy

Atechguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Ya , i little confused ,, 1 thing i noticed is that a temps 41f and below there is a plug under the air breather cover that you have to move to help with cold temps. ,,it was 38-39f,, so with me adjusting carb and cold temps ,, the cold weather plug wasn't in place ,, so running really rich. Sounds possible will see what happens tomorrow.The other thing i notice is the automatic oil increase/decrease is reversed in the manual so to decrease bar oil you turn it to increase. Is that right??