Echo CS-440 Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vernon Tull

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is the Echo CS-440 (45cc) any count as a homeowner's saw? Where are Echo saws made and where do their parts come from? Hopefully not China . . . Thanks, gentlemen, for the info.

They are made in Japan, and are well built saws, maybe not quite a Stihl or Husky, but they are very close in quality. Performance is decent, but maybe a hair behind those two as well. It should be a very good homeowners saw. Echo doesn't build pro saws and homeowner sas, they are all one level that is slightly behind the Stihl/Husky/Dolmar pro saws, but is above the homeoowner lines from the same manufacturers. The price versus quality that you get makes them a good value.

TimberPig said:
They are made in Japan, and are well built saws, maybe not quite a Stihl or Husky, but they are very close in quality. Performance is decent, but maybe a hair behind those two as well. It should be a very good homeowners saw. Echo doesn't build pro saws and homeowner sas, they are all one level that is slightly behind the Stihl/Husky/Dolmar pro saws, but is above the homeoowner lines from the same manufacturers. The price versus quality that you get makes them a good value.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there!

Echo makes a good saw for the $$$!

They do make some commercial grade stuff, My ppt261 polesaw came with warranty card, and manuals, stating that it was commercial grade rated to 300 hours pro use.

Echo trimmers are really nice, as are their blowers, chainsaws, edgers, pole saws etc. I have limited experience with their products, but what I have used, I liked.

Echo products are hard to beat for the money. I have had nothing but good luck with them. They make the two cycle for the Mantis tiller and it can't be beat.

great saws

i have a a complete line of echos 3000, 3450, 4600, 5000, 670, and 8000
My favorite being the 4600, and the 670 both two pull saws after sitting for a week one pull after running. i love them i switched my compete line from a brand that i will not mentioned because i will get hammered by some people on this sit that are die-hards but in all great saws if you are not dropping anything to big

I don't think you can go wrong with the Echo. I probally have one of the oldest running Echo's in the USA. I grew up in Echo country with my dad being a dealer. At that time there were no Huskys around and a few Stihls, but it was a local issue...Bob

I just recently sold a new ECHO CS-6700 that I had listed on this forum. Knowing how good of a saw it was, I was kind of surprised that it took as long as it did, to sell it.

Funny thing is.....I also had it listed on a motorcycle forum as well.....and it was on that forum, that it sold. :rolleyes:

Oh well.....bottom line remains the same. It sold......... :dizzy:

I have a cs-3400 top handle that is awsum for limbing. quite reliable, runs well, and for no bigger than it is reasonably powered. Only thing I did was remove the parasitic drag system (chain brake) after it jammed with chips.

Back