• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Echo cs-8000 1E Gray parts or parts saw/Deere 800V

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauls_Workshop

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got a used older white/grey Echo CS-8000 saw but needs some parts to work. It needs Echo 43320038830 + 43300238733 parts, which are the complete chain brake assembly + the clutch cover. Mine is broken or missing completely. I need some used 8000 parts or an otherwise bad 8000 or Deere equivalent parts saw. Please send me an email if you have anything to sell. I can't afford new dealer prices for these parts but need these or the saw won't be safe to use. Direct is [email protected]. Thanks! - Paul

I have a john deere saw, 8000 I think, will check tonight and let you know. It had great compression but fuel tank was nasty. Will need all fuel related cleaned, worked over. It looked good cosmetically. Charlie

I have a john deere saw, 8000 I think, will check tonight and let you know. It had great compression but fuel tank was nasty. Will need all fuel related cleaned, worked over. It looked good cosmetically. Charlie
Thanks for looking at what you have Charlie. I'm brand new to the Echo cs-8000 but I think the Deere 800V is the exact same as the older Echo I have now. We can verify. PM me with your price for it if a good parts saw.

I noticed just a few weeks back, there was another Echo CS-8000 parts saw here for $85. That would have been perfect for me too but missed it. thx- Paul

Thanks for looking at what you have Charlie. I'm brand new to the Echo cs-8000 but I think the Deere 800V is the exact same as the older Echo I have now. We can verify. PM me with your price for it if a good parts saw.

I noticed just a few weeks back, there was another Echo CS-8000 parts saw here for $85. That would have been perfect for me too but missed it. thx- Paul

I'm still in need of the parts mentioned. Charlie did not have those and had a Deere 70V, not an 800V compatible. thx- Paul

I am in the same boat as you are. Picked up a JD 800v with a gutted chain brake. Saw runs fine just no brake.

I am in the same boat as you are. Picked up a JD 800v with a gutted chain brake. Saw runs fine just no brake.

We can use the same thread and you can get offer number 2 when it shows up! So what is the deal with these 8000 saws with no/bad chain brakes?! Maybe not a good design or something... - Paul

Their is a late model CS8000 on e-bay listed at the moment, have you seen it?

There are actually 3 8000s on Ebay right now. One doesn't have the chain brake either, which is alot like mine. The other two look complete but much higher cost. Good for someone who wants a fully functional 8000, but not for us! - Paul

Hi guys, I can also use some other Echo CS-8000 or 800V Deere parts while we are at it. Could use bars with little use for it and matching chains. Many of the old Mac big saws were also common bar/chains with these big Echos if you have any laying around you don't need anymore in good shape. Could use milling chains also. 24", 28", or 20" sizes bars/chains that fit the 8000 are what I could use. Thanks! - Paul (and Hanniedog above who needs some parts too).

I did learn Hanniedog that Echo did sell some early versions of the 8000 without the chain brake system with just an extra "handle" that looked alot like the chain brake handle but was a different part number. Just fyi. So there were two versions sold at least for a time. All the later ones had the brakes, most of which apparently fail at some point and need replacing like ours.

Ok, doing some serial number verifying and the 8000 I have is a Type 1E Gray, which is calling out for slightly different part numbers. I can't seem to edit my original post above so I'll put them here: The chain brake assy I need is 433200-30830 and NOT 38830. I do have a source now for just the brake handle which is part of the complete assy so would not have to have that now, but need all the other chain brake assy parts in 30830. I'm not sure if color is the only difference between the assys or not. I wouldn't care about that. Also, the clutch cover I need is 433010-3083, called guard-sprocket. These are what I still need or a type 1e parts saw including them but otherwise pretty bad. Thx - Paul

I have a NOS echo branded 34" bar for the CS 8000 if you are interested..... LMK

Thanks for the 32" bar deal. That will be great. Also, working out now to get the brake parts I need from another member. I'm left with these needs for now for bars/chains:

Hi guys, I can also use some other Echo CS-8000 or 800V Deere parts while we are at it. Could use bars with little use for it and matching chains in 20", 28" sizes or just chains in 20", 24", 28", 32" sizes. Milling chains especially, but a few regular. Many of the old Mac big saws were also common bar/chains with these big Echos if you have any laying around you don't need anymore in good shape. Thanks! - Paul

Latest posts

Back