Echo CS620p problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHarder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an Echo Cs 620p its starts and revs good . But will not return to low idle, chain keeps spinning. I adjusted the idle screw and it has no effect on it. I've had the saw for a year. This problem happened suddenly one day. It has to be an air leak but not sure where. I'm not sure if the 590s or 600p had any trouble like this.

Start with backing out the "L" (or "LO") screw between 1/4 to 1/2 turn, and go from there.

No mods to saw. I plan on taking it to the dealer in the morning. I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this before. Its acting like an air leak. It's under warranty. I'll update with what the dealer finds.

I take it tuning a saw is something the OP is not the best at. On a new low hour saw like this, it most likely just needs a little carb adjustment. By the time it takes to put you saw in the trunk of your car you could start it up get it warm (make sure fuel tank is pretty full above half a tank) then grab the little flat head screw driver you got with the saw and put it into the 'L' hole/carb needle and twist it left until rpm's come down. Then check for fast acceleration to WOT. At some stage you need to learn how to tune as weather, elevation and fuel type all effect air:fuel ratios so now is as good a time as any. Its a 10second fix when your familiar with carbs.

I know how to tune a saw, I have a tach. I just wasn't going to mess with it if its under warranty. Because if you do some places deny warranty because you adjusted it. My father took it to the dealer and the found the saftey trigger sticking sometimes causing it to get stuck on fast idle. Probably the cold weather we're out cutting at 0' F to 10'F. The saw was tuned by the dealer when we got it and hasn't been touched since. Bought an new ECHO CS 501p last week and had that retuned by dealer after 7 tanks of gas break in, was going there anyway to get some more premix oil.

I know how to tune a saw, I have a tach. I just wasn't going to mess with it if its under warranty. Because if you do some places deny warranty because you adjusted it. My father took it to the dealer and the found the saftey trigger sticking sometimes causing it to get stuck on fast idle. Probably the cold weather we're out cutting at 0' F to 10'F. The saw was tuned by the dealer when we got it and hasn't been touched since. Bought an new ECHO CS 501p last week and had that retuned by dealer after 7 tanks of gas break in, was going there anyway to get some more premix oil.
How do you like the 501? Seems like a nice saw.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I like the 501 its nice and light. The one thing I dont like is the choke lever is kinda small and flimsy and hard to pull out with heavy gloves on Its comparable to my Dolmar PS 5105 The Husky 254xp I have seems to have more power than both, but its a 54cc compared to 50cc.

I like the 501 its nice and light. The one thing I dont like is the choke lever is kinda small and flimsy and hard to pull out with heavy gloves on Its comparable to my Dolmar PS 5105 The Husky 254xp I have seems to have more power than both, but its a 54cc compared to 50cc.
Thanks. I'm still running my old cs520. Still runs excellent but been thinking about a new 50cc.

Brian Keep that old Cs520, no 50cc saw runs better. I have a CS501 that runs close but not any better. Steve
Thanks for the advice Steve. It's definitely my favorite saw. No intention of ever getting rid of it. Just curiosity I guess. Lol. That 520 has cut more wood than all my other saws combined.

On the 620, I’ve found air leaks on the decomp and crank seals causing issues but that was a very high use saw. ( daily production saw). This saw also needed the carb replaced and it developed an unadjustable idle issue.

I got a echo cs 590 it won't idle at all I'm going to rebuild the carb! I'm wondering if echoes might have idle problems?other than that I love the cs590 great saw.

I got a echo cs 590 it won't idle at all I'm going to rebuild the carb! I'm wondering if echoes might have idle problems?other than that I love the cs590 great saw.
I have 2 590, start them and walk away, unless they run out of fuel they’ll still be running when you come back.

Latest posts

Back