Echo muffler modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt41

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As I posted earlier, I am considering muffler mods on my cs8000. Prior to this, I am "testing" my methods on my cs660. I am using a donor piece from a 650 I have ( anyone need parts, let my know, you pay ship parts free)
I plan on boring out the internals and bellowing out the exit. My plan is to time a cut with stock setup and then swap in the modified part and time again. I figure that if I screw up, I can go back to stock with no harm done...I hope

Hi Walt,
Echo 8000 responds real well to muffler mods and cylinder porting. There are also a couple of carbs used on them with the larger stock carb coming on the Quick Vent models that are used by Fireman to cut holes in roofs to let smoke vent. If your running a 20-24 inch bar, you can use an 8 tooth rim to raise the chain speed. Good luck with it. A little heavy, but it will rip with some work.
Best wishes,
Bob

Mods done

As of today, the modified muffler is ready for the 660, I plan on making my stock cuts as soon as my son gets up (worked all night). Thanks to all for the ideas on the 800, I am now thumbing for that bigger carb to include with the other mods. :chainsaw:

Mods complete

Finished my test cuts and swapped in the new "old" one and adder fuel both high and low range. First thing I noticed was the increased noise, seems to cut slightly faster and definitely revs quicker. Real test will come soon, as I have to fell a medium size oak soon.

Latest posts

Back