Echo PPT-265S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took my 025, 362C and my Echo PPT-265S to a friend's house. He had a 12' Crepe Myrtle he needed removed and a few dead branches on an Oak to cut down. I asked the other day about the capacity of the 12" bar; I cut several 5-6" Oak limbs down and then bucked them with the pruner. It's 24cc, and my saws are 42 and 59cc, but I was impressed with how well it cut. It's like my old Echo trimmer, needs to warm up before using it. Used the 025 for most of the Crepe Myrtle, but fired up the 362C for the stump. Stump was ± 12x18, and the saw cut through it with no problem.

Hey-

They are very nice. Even nicer if you can do a muffler job, but fyi this muffler is one real pain due to the giant heavy chunk of steel inside. Do not try to drill it or grind it, just open the clam and remove the whole thing. Keep the 2 support tubes inside.

Also found the carb needs adjusting, on the one I used the low speed needle was quite rich(one in center of rotor cap).

Hey-

They are very nice. Even nicer if you can do a muffler job, but fyi this muffler is one real pain due to the giant heavy chunk of steel inside. Do not try to drill it or grind it, just open the clam and remove the whole thing. Keep the 2 support tubes inside.

Also found the carb needs adjusting, on the one I used the low speed needle was quite rich(one in center of rotor cap).

Mine does not have any adjustments on the carb that I can see other than the idle screw. It is really cold natured, but once warmed up there is no throttle lag and it screams. It will get another shake down Saturday on an oak at my daughter's house.

Back