echo small jet carb tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i have a few echo 265 and 285 weed whacker,s and pole saw. they all need a very small carb adj. but the dealer will not sell the tool.where can i get one? thanks

I got the multi-spline one and the double-D one from carbtech21.com. Not sure if either fits Echo, but I have some of those machines too. They also have the pac-man tool. And carburetors and carb kits.

The Echo trimmer carbs I've seen are big (relatively) barrel carbs. Some have an antitamper plug over the jet. And underneath is just a slotted head. Can you take a pic and post?

this tool is very very small like a dental tool? i will try to get a pic soon.

The carb tools for saws are small screwdriver size and the business end is 1. spline 2. pac-man 3. D 4. Double D. Search carb tool on ebay and look at pics. I doubt any of 1-4 will work on Echo trimmer carb.

A lot of new Echos are coming with a TINY D, the tool as far as I can tell is only available to dealers.

Joe

My Bolens trimmer ($10 buy from a buddy at work) has the "D" shaped H jet. I ordered a tool off fleabay for it. Long delivery time....so I lost my patience and used my dremel too to cut a slot in the top of the jet that my pocket flat screwdriver fits. Runs great now! (don't tell anyone...I might get in trouble!)

Echo has a tiny D on some of their trimmers. 1/16 diameter or so. Never seen it for sale anywhere except from echo

I read somewhere that only qualified service dealers are allowed by the EPA to make adjustments to these tamper-proof carburetors and that it is illegal for them to sell the special adjustment tools. That may be why the tool I ordered has a 4-week lead time....as it is coming from China!

Latest posts

Back