Echo vs Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seemed like a lot of unloaded free revving. Like watching the modified diesels at tractor pulls trying to get their multi-stage turbos to spool up. Was the period of unloaded WOT to demonstrate the state of tune (rich/lean)?

Disclaimer: I am an amateur and don’t own any saws that big, because I don’t need them for farm and grounds maintenance around here. But that seemed like MS170-sized wood to me. Maybe I am missing something though.

Seemed like a lot of unloaded free revving. Like watching the modified diesels at tractor pulls trying to get their multi-stage turbos to spool up. Was the period of unloaded WOT to demonstrate the state of tune (rich/lean)?

Disclaimer: I am an amateur and don’t own any saws that big, because I don’t need them for farm and grounds maintenance around here. But that seemed like MS170-sized wood to me. Maybe I am missing something though.

Any of those saws will cut 3 times faster than a MS170. Steve

What's the chain info on this "comparo"?

If I sent my 346 off for porting and that's what I got back I'd be a little pizzed. The RPM in the cut with those little twigs is pretty poor IMO. But, a really hungry poorly filed chain could probably pull it down like that too.

Any of those saws will cut 3 times faster than a MS170. Steve

Sure; I have a 170 and it’s definitely my slowest saw, but it’s light and easy to use so I grab it for small stuff like what’s being cut in the video.

I don’t doubt that all three saws are good runners. But saws that size would be easier to evaluate and compare making longer, more heavily loaded cuts, and to do that would require a bigger test log.

I think it's from those slow mos on the commercial of the "mini-boss" chewing through that 4" pine stick on the saw buck.

I inherited mine. I think of it as a 3314/Wood Shark with a Stihl upcharge and non-leaking, non-swelling fuel and oil caps, and better dealer support. In use it’s not fast, but super easy for grab-and-go small jobs. I guess time will tell how well it holds up.

Back