Education videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deberly12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
In this age almost any skill can be learned from youtube but it can be hard to weed out the quality from the crap.

I thought it would be great to gather a list of creators that are very educational in the ways of the tree. Including climbing, rigging, cutting, logging, firewood, saw maintenance, forestry tools, responsible forestry, keeping trees healthy and even old school methods (axes and hand saws).

This is not meant to be a place for cool or funny videos. Hopefully the people listed here will be fun to watch but more importantly they have to be someone that really teaches you. Lots of explaining not just "watch this tree take down".

Please include the name of the creator as well as what subjects they specialize in. If we keep this direct and on topic it may make for a helpful sticky. I will post an example.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wranglerstar

Cutting, forest fire prevention, small scale logging, milling, firewood, and using and maintaining axes, hand saws, chainsaws, and other tools.

This is exactly the pointless non helpful posts I mentioned.

I didn't say he was an arborist. I Specifically stated that the creators could be teaching all areas of dealing with trees not strictly climbing or pruning. When I listed him in the second post I stated that he taught "Cutting, forest fire prevention, small scale logging, milling, firewood, and using and maintaining axes, hand saws, chainsaws, and other tools"

Acording to the International Society of Arboriculture:

"arboriculture: practice and study of the care of trees and other woody plants in the landscape"

According to that definition he definitely has a lot to do with arboriculture although I would put him closer to a forester and he calls himself a Homesteader. He has hundreds of videos about caring for trees and forests as well as maintaining saws. He does have a couple of videos about climbing but he says that he is not very knowledgeable about that and those videos are not meant to teach you the task.

What does it matter what label he has if he provides worthwhile information.

I mean no offence and I don't want to start an argument. The goal of this tread is just to provide a list of youtube creators to watch for people that may want some base knowledge of dealing with Trees. You and others on this forum do a good job of answering peoples questions but there are a lot of people out there that do not even know enough to know what questions to ask. If you just search tree cutting or chainsaw maintenance on youtube most of the videos will be done by people that are lucky to have not killed themselves much less teaching others. i have learned alot, about axes especially, from watching his channel. Some of us that dabble or do it for a hobby have jobs and cant "go work for an arborist" like many people recommend.

P.S. You did not spelled his name properly. It Wranglerstar because many years ago he had a Jeep graveyard so it is based on a Jeep Wrangler.

Then please provide somebody far-less clownish so we can watch them.

I don't care if you like him or not but the point of this thread is to provide a list of creators not just bad mouth one person's suggestion.

Reg
Daniel Murphy
Daniel used to hang around here years back. Some of the boys gave him a real hard time.
The term "murphing" a tree was coined at that time. Usually had something to do with a very large tree being felled as opposed to being pieced down in a clients yard.
I liked the guy. He was a good sport.:)

Oops. My last post was empty.
I was going to suggest Jerry Beranek. He has good teaching videos.

Buckin Billy Ray has saw filing and tree felling wrapped up. Really talented dude.

Reg Coates
August Hunicke
Human
NH local
Climbing Arborist
Gerald Beranek

Most of these guys don't really do "how to" videos but they are talented. Watch and learn.

Wranglerstar is a joke. Hes not really good at anything except sharpening an axe. He gathers a little information, buys the right gear and pretends to be a pro, he fools most people new to the game.

Latest posts

Back