EFCO 156 yay or nay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
EFCO 156...$99.... yay or nay

Well, I was making my monthly rounds thru the local pawn shops after work today. Nothing too exciting exceft maybe one. It was a Efco 156. It was like new and would suprize me if it had more than a tank of mix thru it. It had a 18" B&C on it. I wonder if it would fit into my saw lineup. Or maybe just for a saw to leave up at the farm or on the tractor. They had it priced at $99....hummmm

Last edited:
Well, I was making my monthly rounds thru the local pawn shops after work today. Nothing too exciting exceft maybe one. It was a Efco 156. It was like new and would suprize me if it had more than a tank of mix thru it. It had a 18" B&C on it. I wonder if it would fit into my saw lineup. Or maybe just for a saw to leave up at the farm or on the tractor. They had it priced at $99....hummmm
I've got an Efco MT3600 and a rebadged 162. I look at the MT3600 as a good spare.
I'm surprised more did not show up on ebay etc. since Northern Tools discontinued them.
I'd say go for it!

/edit note inboard clutch
darn - that should have been "not an inboard clutch", more of a pain for me when I swap chains and bars.

Last edited:
I've got an Efco MT3600 and a rebadged 162. I look at the MT3600 as a good spare.
I'm surprised more did not show up on ebay etc. since Northern Tools discontinued them.
I'd say go for it!

/edit note inboard clutch

????

Snap it up!!! I had a 152 and currently have a Olympyk 962 (Efco 165). Bought the 152 at a pawn shop for $140. It was like new. I ended up trading it and got $200. I bought the Olympyk at a local shop for $200. It was also like new. I love the saw. Runs great, plenty of power with a 18" bar.

I would surely be interested if you decide to pass.

Regards

dirt

I would snag that deal. I have a John Deere CS 56 it is the same as an Efco 156 saw. I love the 56 and the 62 cc Efco's. I would grab that saw at that price that is a great bargin. I have an 18 in bar on the 56 and a 20 on the 62 and they both rip.

Yup, I'd snag it. Word is they're a bit heavy, but otherwise good. Efco must be proud of their saws, because that saw new at the local Menard's had a price tag over $500 if I remember correctly.

Yup, I'd snag it. Word is they're a bit heavy, but otherwise good. Efco must be proud of their saws, because that saw new at the local Menard's had a price tag over $500 if I remember correctly.

I assume that's where this one came from. No other EFCO dealers around here.

Latest posts

Back