Efco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just went on to Acres internet to look up an efco saw, for some reason Efco was not listed as one of the manufacturers, are they carrying on business under another name?

They have made saws under several brands(such as John Deere), but have their Efco name, too. I own a few, and I will tell you that if you want a GREAT saw with a 5-year warranty to boot, buy one. You won't be disappointed!!

They used to be oleo-mac, then olympyk(both listed on acres), now EFCO. Perhaps EFCO isn't collectible or classic enough to be on that site? They don't seem to list the newer stihls, for example.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

-Sean

They used to be oleo-mac, then olympyk(both listed on acres), now EFCO. Perhaps EFCO isn't collectible or classic enough to be on that site? They don't seem to list the newer stihls, for example.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

-Sean

They still are oleo-mac. that is the European brand for Emak the parent company of efco. Efco's are sold in europe also. Here in the US efco has been sold as cub cadet commercial, john deere, and olympyk/oleo-mac. Acres site is kinda dated but still a wealth of resources, some stuff is inaccurate so be careful

Efco chainsaws at Menards!

Sounds like you guys are having a hard time finding them....they still sell Efco in the US......they currently are selling them at Menards here in Evansville Indiana. Several different models.

You guys know Sachs Dolmar is now selling saws in America under the Dolmar name! Thought you all might wanna know this too......I was a lawn and garden technician/mechanic for 11 years and have the inside scoop. Sachs Dolmar was manufacturing some under Makita name....but now again you can buy the new Dolmars. They are distributed out of Central Power systems in Columbus Ohio.

Thanks everyone, the saw I was inquiring about was a John Deere branded cs81, but I found more information by doing a search on this site.:cheers:

Sounds like you guys are having a hard time finding them....they still sell Efco in the US......they currently are selling them at Menards here in Evansville Indiana. Several different models.

You guys know Sachs Dolmar is now selling saws in America under the Dolmar name! Thought you all might wanna know this too......I was a lawn and garden technician/mechanic for 11 years and have the inside scoop. Sachs Dolmar was manufacturing some under Makita name....but now again you can buy the new Dolmars. They are distributed out of Central Power systems in Columbus Ohio.

:monkey: Me thinks that is old news, and somewhat inaccurate.

:monkey: Me thinks that is old news, and somewhat inaccurate.
Quite so.

Makita purchased Dolmar in 1991. They have been available in the US under the Dolmar name for many years, and select models are available with Makita branding. Dolmar is distributed exclusively by the IDN (Integrated Distributors Network) which is a network of 6 distributors with 12 locations nationwide.

Quite so.

Makita purchased Dolmar in 1991. They have been available in the US under the Dolmar name for many years, and select models are available with Makita branding. Dolmar is distributed exclusively by the IDN (Integrated Distributors Network) which is a network of 6 distributors with 12 locations nationwide.

Yes, Makita bought Dolmar from Sachs, as far as I know.

SawTroll, isn't it time you got an EFCO, too? I mean, you're there in Scandinavian Europe.:cowboy:

They still are oleo-mac. that is the European brand for Emak the parent company of efco. Efco's are sold in europe also. Here in the US efco has been sold as cub cadet commercial, john deere, and olympyk/oleo-mac. Acres site is kinda dated but still a wealth of resources, some stuff is inaccurate so be careful

As I said, someone will straighten me out. Now I know, thanks.

-Sean

Efco /Oleomac

One of our dealers in South West FRANCE dealt in among others Oleomac ,about 2 years ago all the stock of OM`s were replaced by Efco`s. Change of marketing policy I was told .Haven`t been in the shop for a couple of months. Called in a couple of days ago & the stock`s all OleoMac, not an Efco to be seen. Couldn`t find out why as boss man was away, & you would get more sense out of the bar rack than the guy behind the counter

It was the Olympyk brand that once was renamed Efco, after the Olympic Commitee complained about that brand name - at least that is what I heard.....

Last edited:
It was the Olympyk brand that once was renamed Efco, after the Olympic Commitee complained about that brand name - at least that is what I heard.....

Your right, except it went from olympic to olympyk on account of the committee. Check out what stihl crazy posted....thats the most accurate i would say.

You still think they are ugly? They look like a chainsaw, what more could you ask for? I thinks you are prejudice because they are not from Sweden. :cheers:

Your right, except it went from olympic to olympyk on account of the committee. Check out what stihl crazy posted....thats the most accurate i would say.

You still think they are ugly? They look like a chainsaw, what more could you ask for? I thinks you are prejudice because they are not from Sweden. :cheers:

:laugh::laugh: to the last comment - I am sure you are right about the first part, but someone has said in the past that Olympic to Olympyk really wasn't good enough for that Commitee in the long run. It is a good story regardless how much of it is true!:cheers:

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh: to the last comment - I am sure you are right about the first part, but someone has said in the past that Olympic to Olympyk really wasn't good enough for that Commitee in the long run. It is a good story regardless how much of it is true!:cheers:

sawtroll your correct in your above statement. They did change and it wasnt good enough. It made me not want to watch the olympics anymore.

What I want to know and still havent found out is the connection between mcculloch and and who ever made the their saws from italy. Was it alpina, oleomac, or olympyk, or did they have their own european mcculloch factory?

sawtroll your correct in your above statement. They did change and it wasnt good enough. It made me not want to watch the olympics anymore.

What I want to know and still havent found out is the connection between mcculloch and and who ever made the their saws from italy. Was it alpina, oleomac, or olympyk, or did they have their own european mcculloch factory?

They had their own in Italy. It is now owned by Husky, who "inherited" it from E-lux, along with many other OPE related factories. Some later Partner saws have been made there, but I don't know much more about it.

Latest posts

Back