epa laws in PA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a serious on-topic note....after sending my email the other day to the email address posted a couple times on this tread and on my CB literature I got an automated reply but it had good info about how to get the results etc sent you in the future...worth the email right there...send them in PA people, gotta be in by monday.

I'm sure this thread could go on for some time, and as a responsible OWB owner I'd have a few comments I could add as well, but I do believe the best thing to do here is.......DON'T FEED THE TROLL...:)

Stay warm guys.......:cheers:

Awwww maaaan..... but trolls can be so much fun!!!!

Good catch, holy crap that's funny :clap:

I like TreeCo and consider him a friend. Sometimes we agree, sometimes not. Tho' this thread ain't doing much to advance his candidacy for "Most Congenial AS Poster of the Year." :laugh:

For me, no OWB. Neighbors too close. I think it was miss manners who said that laws and regulations begin where common sense and respect for one's neighbors break down. If everyone was considerate, we could have the hands-off government so many want.

I don't know the science of particulate matter emissions, etc., so I can't get into that. Stinky smoke I can wrap my brain around. For those of you burning good quality wood and have respectable clearances from others, more power to you.

In my case, my woodstove was manufactured 70 years before the epa was created. First year burning, I thought we were doing it wrong. No chimney smoke save for kindling - whilst all my neighbors had smoke coming out of theirs.

In addition to saving $$$ on heating and cooking, I'm doing my part to help us become less fossil fuel dependent. And since my stove's an antique, I'm keeping alive a part of our history - something I value, if you read my same ax twice thread yesterday.

Happy New Year! :cheers:

I've little to no concern about people who believe they have the right to heat using high emission wood burning devices and using wood heat as a stepping off point to rant on the evils of the EPA.

Stop fouling the air and giving wood heat a bad name!

Well, there is evidence that OWB's do not pollute anymore than your valued epa certified stove. I concede that these reports in the links provided come from sources on behalf of the OWB industry and CB in particular. That does not mean however that their data/argument is wrong. They use numbers right from EPA doc's.

What gets me about the left is that it is always someone elses rights they want to stamp out, and always someone else who determines what is acceptable or not. Well okay, I too think emissions from wood burning appliances should be reduced. Reduced to ZERO. How's that sound? Are ya with me?

http://www.outdoorfurnacefacts.com/cms/repository/media/er-0406-GitlenLetterNESCAUM.pdf

http://www.outdoorfurnacefacts.com/cms/repository/media/Guldberg%20Testimony%2010-30-06%20Indiana%20EQSC.pdf

Like I aid in an earlier post HYPOCRIT - I really dislike hypocritic attitudes.

Well, there is evidence that OWB's do not pollute anymore than your valued epa certified stove. I concede that these reports in the links provided come from sources on behalf of the OWB industry and CB in particular. That does not mean however that their data/argument is wrong. They use numbers right from EPA doc's.

What gets me about the left is that it is always someone elses rights they want to stamp out, and always someone else who determines what is acceptable or not. Well okay, I too think emissions from wood burning appliances should be reduced. Reduced to ZERO. How's that sound? Are ya with me?

http://www.outdoorfurnacefacts.com/cms/repository/media/er-0406-GitlenLetterNESCAUM.pdf

http://www.outdoorfurnacefacts.com/cms/repository/media/Guldberg%20Testimony%2010-30-06%20Indiana%20EQSC.pdf
I posted a link to the CB website earlier in this thread. They have one of the best rated owb's. But do not lump all owbs with them as far as efficiency or emissions. How much do the CB's cost? The ZERO emissions idea sounds close to the rules in the state of Washington.

Live and Die by the EPA Regulations?

Does anyone find it ironic that Treeco will only sell wood to owners of EPA certified stoves?

Do all of Treeco's vehicles meet current EPA mileage and emission standards for new vehicles?

Should the gas stations then, not sell him fuel for his cars and trucks?

How would he make a living then?

How would he be able to sanctimoniously pontificate to the great unwashed masses then?

Does anyone else think that Treeco is acting a lot like everyones favorite ahole over on the chaisaw forum, Spacemule?

Does anyone find it ironic that Treeco will only sell wood to owners of EPA certified stoves?

Does anyone actually believe TreeCo only sells to EPA certified stove owners?

He only made that statement after being pressed... and just a couple of days ago...

I wonder if any of Treeco's customers even own EPA certified stoves...

I wonder if he actually has one customer with an EPA certified stove...
He, himself doesn't even own an EPA certified stove...

Not sayin I doubt his word... but just wondering...

Better watch your tongues guys. I quoted Mr. TreeCo in my sig. Was reprimanded for it. He's special. Used to be a Mod.

Better watch your tongues guys. I quoted Mr. TreeCo in my sig. Was reprimanded for it. He's special. Used to be a Mod.

"Used" to be, being the key word there....

TreeCo first started in this thread talking about inside stoves then he diverted attention to OWB's.... whats up with that???
Non EPA inside wood stoves should be next!

When you use someones own words to shed light... who could have a problem with that???

Hey Treeco after some very careful calculations (and a few beers) I have concluded that my new EPA stove is only 12.2963455% more efficient and not the 1/3 or 33.3% you stated. :cheers: Just kidden hehe

Back