EPA - Some states are fighting back!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the states enacted the same legislation, everyone would be okay with it?

That question is reactionary and poorly thought out.

First, EPA regulation is not legislation... learn the damn difference.
Second, the west coast states such as California have their own "regulatory" body... which regulates, it don't legislate.
Third, few states would legislate such a thing unless there was a damn good reason or need, they would leave it to the local communities (because, unlike the feds, most state governments actually adhere to their state constitution)... that's exactly why the tree-huggers went crying to the EPA.
Fourth, a city or community may enact a local ordinance to address a local problem (if that's what the majority of residents want), which is part of living in a community... if you don't like it you are a liberty to move somewhere more to your liking (which ain't the case under federal regulation, 'cause there ain't anywhere to move away from it).
Fifth, a state government cannot "regulate" what an industry in another state builds... it can only regulate what is allowed to be sold in their state (in other words, unlike the feds, a state cannot "regulate" an entire industry)... and that flat makes your question invalid and ridiculous.

That question is reactionary and poorly thought out.

First, EPA regulation is not legislation... learn the damn difference.
Second, the west coast states such as California have their own "regulatory" body... which regulates, it don't legislate.
Third, few states would legislate such a thing unless there was a damn good reason or need, they would leave it to the local communities (because, unlike the feds, most state governments actually adhere to their state constitution)... that's exactly why the tree-huggers went crying to the EPA.
Fourth, a city or community may enact a local ordinance to address a local problem (if that's what the majority of residents want), which is part of living in a community... if you don't like it you are a liberty to move somewhere more to your liking (which ain't the case under federal regulation, 'cause there ain't anywhere to move away from it).
Fifth, a state government cannot "regulate" what an industry in another state builds... it can only regulate what is allowed to be sold in their state (in other words, unlike the feds, a state cannot "regulate" an entire industry)... and that flat makes your question invalid and ridiculous.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The article stated that half a dozen states or more are suing the EPA for not having standards for OWB's.
and that makes lovers of government happy.......also known as left leaners,those that want to tell others how to live,and what stoves they ought HAVE to buy.......

and that makes lovers of government happy.......also known as left leaners,those that want to tell others how to live,and what stoves they ought HAVE to buy.......

After reading your post I think I'm going to poll myself when falling trees. Is it the left leaner trees that are the stubborn ones o_O

It's for the children... ya'll are just mean old polluters (skip to 7:16 in video)

I would say something about this topic but i might have a eternal ban put upon me :laugh:

In some of our cities we have wood burner rules, mainly the ones that have a smog problem due to no wind. Wood burners here that have been installed after 2005[ think] had to have the slow burn feature modified , so they were on or off ,no smolder, Mine can shut down until it bearly flames and will go all night. the cities with out the restrictions are free to do as they like with any heating fire ,Over the coast and in rural NZ the coal fires go 24/7 in winter, Mind the coast has so much coal it is an embarrasement

There is no law banning the burning of wood. Take a drive through any camp ground during summer and you'll see dozens of open fires... fires emitting massive amounts of smoke. Farmers clear fence lines and wooded areas all the time, pushing it into huge piles and setting it on fire... massive clouds of smoke rising into the air. Even Forest Service set tracts of wooded land on fire as part of the management plan. Placing regulations on the "wood-fired heater" industry is not law affecting everyone... it doesn't make an action illegal (such as burning wood), it tells an industry how they must produce a product (i.e., you can only produce it our way, not your way). So, while the camper can still burn wet, green wood in his fire pit, pumping massive amounts of smoke in the air, I have to spend hundreds, even thousands, on a "specially" regulated appliance to burn wood heating my home. Why isn't the camper placed under the same emissions standard as I am?? Or the farmer?? Or the Forest Service for that matter?? I'll tell you why... because this has absolutely nothing to do with pollution... it's a political game, a tree-hugger power grab, total BS.

You need to look up Forest Service policy on burning. The Fire Gods must first make sure it is NOT a no burn day, and in our fair state, they pay a per ton tax for burning.
How do I know this? I got reamed out for lighting slash piles while checking road erosion control water bars. I figured I'd save the Fire Gods a long walk in by taking care of the burning while I was back there. I had a pocket full of kleenex and matches, the piles were very dry, there was a foot or more of snow on the ground so I would light a Kleenex and throw it in the pile, and the pile would take off. The Fire Gods were not appreciative of this.

Our fair state enacted restrictions on slash burning after the wind changed from the usual blowing to the east and caused smoke to blow into Olympia, Tacoma, and Seattle on a productive slash burning weekend. I was a part of that happening. When we used to have a real timber program here, we had to work 7 days a week doing our normal work and broadcast burning on the side, to get units ready for planting. The weather is fickle, and we had to burn like mad when the weather and moisture conditions were optimum. Now, if anybody still does any broadcast burns, burning on weekends is forbidden after July 1? not sure about that date. My evil side always hopes for one of those easterly winds to blow during our annual large forest fire events, but it hasn't happened yet.

I will continue my stance that because of insensitive, rude, people, we need regulations/laws to restrict their liberty to be stupid and hurt other people. An inversion, which happens in areas other than flatland is NO time to be burning wood in a town/city where houses are close together. Plus, our electricity is cheap when it is compared with other parts of the country. Do not move here.

I will continue my stance that because of insensitive, rude, people, we need regulations/laws to restrict their liberty to be stupid and hurt other people. An inversion, which happens in areas other than flatland...

How does that justify "regulating" an entire industry across the board??
If a local area or government wants or needs rules, regulations, laws, ordinances, or whatnot... fine, I have no problem with that, and it's entirely legal/constitutional.
But for Federal Government to "regulate" an entire industry because of perceived need in a few specific areas areas of the country is not the same thing... or justifiable.
That's always the problem with Federal regulation... it's a one-size-fits-all application that, in reality, only fits a very small percentage, while unnecessarily, and unjustifiably intrudes upon business "rights" and personal "liberties" of the majority. Not to mention it removes the industry from the free market and places it in partial federal control... which, never in our history has that been a-good-thing, except to promote corruption.

I'm not arguing with anything in your post... really, when looked at critically, your post is a dman good argument against Federal regulation.

How does that justify "regulating" an entire industry across the board??
If a local area or government wants or needs rules, regulations, laws, ordinances, or whatnot... fine, I have no problem with that, and it's entirely legal/constitutional.
But for Federal Government to "regulate" an entire industry because of perceived need in a few specific areas areas of the country is not the same thing... or justifiable.
That's always the problem with Federal regulation... it's a one-size-fits-all application that, in reality, only fits a very small percentage, while unnecessarily, and unjustifiably intrudes upon business "rights" and personal "liberties" of the majority. Not to mention it removes the industry from the free market and places it in partial federal control... which, never in our history has that been a-good-thing, except to promote corruption.

I'm not arguing with anything in your post... really, when looked at critically, your post is a dman good argument against Federal regulation.
:clap::clap::clap::clap: well, thatll irratate her,,,,you agreeing with what she believes.....one size fits all.......

I will continue my stance that because of insensitive, rude, people, we need regulations/laws to restrict their liberty to be stupid and hurt other people. An inversion, which happens in areas other than flatland is NO time to be burning wood in a town/city where houses are close together. Plus, our electricity is cheap when it is compared with other parts of the country. Do not move here.[/QUOTE]
muwahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahaaa,,with what you preach..no one will....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back