EPA Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laynes69

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For those who are currently heating with a woodfurnace, I just visited rko today and checked out one of the new EPA Wood furnaces made by USSTOVE. They are a very nice looking unit, fully insulated to contain the heat within the heat jacket. They have a full firebrick lined firebox, with stainless secondary burn tubes with preheated air. Whats nice is whatever doesn’t get burned up, on each side of the firebox there are 2 tubes that meet in the center and go out of the flue on the top. There is a hinged door that you open and you can clean out the 3 tubes in the top of the woodfurnace. They have an auto thermostat so that you can have constant heat. They have the label on the side 71.4% efficient. Good welds, a large glass door for viewing the fire, and a removable plate in the bottom of the firebox that you can scrape your ashes into, then remove them with an ash pan. The unit I looked at today was 1999.00 and also had a full 1200 or 1400 cfm blower with a filter box on it. They are rated at 140,000 btus, and will heat over 2500 square feet. The nice thing is you can get them without the blower, and they can be installed from either the left, or right side in series with your current heating system. I will probably be getting one next year. They are a very nice unit.

Seems very inexpensive for the claims.

More efficient EPA approved OWB's are supposed to be out in the spring. That should make the debate more interesting.

For those who are currently heating with a woodfurnace, I just visited rko today and checked out one of the new EPA Wood furnaces made by USSTOVE. They are a very nice looking unit, fully insulated to contain the heat within the heat jacket. They have a full firebrick lined firebox, with stainless secondary burn tubes with preheated air. Whats nice is whatever doesn’t get burned up, on each side of the firebox there are 2 tubes that meet in the center and go out of the flue on the top. There is a hinged door that you open and you can clean out the 3 tubes in the top of the woodfurnace. They have an auto thermostat so that you can have constant heat. They have the label on the side 71.4% efficient. Good welds, a large glass door for viewing the fire, and a removable plate in the bottom of the firebox that you can scrape your ashes into, then remove them with an ash pan. The unit I looked at today was 1999.00 and also had a full 1200 or 1400 cfm blower with a filter box on it. They are rated at 140,000 btus, and will heat over 2500 square feet. The nice thing is you can get them without the blower, and they can be installed from either the left, or right side in series with your current heating system. I will probably be getting one next year. They are a very nice unit.

i THINK THE ONE YOUR REFERING TO, THE ONLY ONE THAT IS EPA RATED SELLS FOR $3000. THE ONE YOU TALKING ABOUT IS THEE CLAYTON AND IS NOT EPA RATED. CHECK THE USSTOVE WEBSITE

No, its 3000 on usstoves site. At RKO here in ohio its 1999.00 The clayton is 1600 I think. I personally went there to see the new model, and its nice! Quite a well built system.

No, its 3000 on usstoves site. At RKO here in ohio its 1999.00 The clayton is 1600 I think. I personally went there to see the new model, and its nice! Quite a well built system.

whats RKO? Id like to check them out. I dont think we have that store in Michigan. Thats a pretty good price, $1000 off list

Seems very inexpensive for the claims.

More efficient EPA approved OWB's are supposed to be out in the spring. That should make the debate more interesting.

Yes, it should make it more interesting. But when a quality OWB is going for $7K + imagine what an EPA approved OWB will cost. :mad:

it figures, I just spent $3500 for a charmaster chalet furnace and its allready obsolete. Just my luck maybe I should have waited a year and tuffed it out with the firechief

Its Rural King of Ohio. Its like a Tractor Supply, but much better. The unit that was 1999.00 also came with a 1/4 hp blower with 4 speeds and a double filter box. I don't need the blower, or the filter box.

Latest posts

Back