Ethelsville, Alabama Baptist Church Mission Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today about 40 or more men and women, 7/8 gas splitters, bunch of strong teen age boys with mauls, attacked a mountain of already cut logs, saw mill rejects, delivered approx. 80 loads of wood to needy people. GOD is GOOD Except for a lot of back aches, no injuries that I know of. Lunch was a much enjoyed break. They sure know how to feed you.

Sounds like a fun and tiring day..so where are the pics of the MASS QUANTITIES wood that got mangled?

The good feeling you get from helping others, like you have, will make it all worth it in the end. :clap::clap::clap:

I hope I'm not coming off sounding mean here, but I hope the people who got the wood delivered were the elderly, disabled, and handicapped, and not some lazy slob who didn't want to deal with cutting his own, hauling it back, and splitting it.

Chances are the elderly were the main recipients of the wood. Although when I was younger, our church took baskets of food to a certain family in the poorer section of the little town I'm from in Alabama. True, the father was not worth shootings. I mean sorry and useless is being nice. But still the children were in need because of that piece of ____. Put in your own adjective here. So we did it every years. We gave them soap, which I don't think they ever knew what it was for.

Good job . A neighbor is anyone in need if I was in that area I would have been happy to help do that what a great way to show people the love of God

I commend the effort but can't help thinking that freshly sawed and split logs will not make great firewood. Again good on you for the thought and effort.

I commend the effort but can't help thinking that freshly sawed and split logs will not make great firewood. Again good on you for the thought and effort.

With all of the people there helping process the wood, and it sounds like there were quite a few wood burners there too with all the hydraulic splitter action, I would think someone would speak up and say something if all the wood was green.

Thanks All If I can get some pics I will try to post some. There was no green wood on the ground, some of these logs were a couple of yrs old.

Some one hot link this or copy and paste. This was made Thanksgiving Sat
2013 and was same setup this past Sat. I was told to do a search for Firewood Giveaway Ministry and found this video, better than pics and with some of the guys talking makes it o so good. Hope it blesses you

Great vid, great cause, great work!

Excellent video. People tend to overlook the need for heat as well as food. I am blessed to have 50+ acres of hardwood forest and try to share some every year with those that are struggling. Warms me on the outside and the inside. Good for you guys to share with others!

Awesome job there. There are a couple different groups on here that do the same, mostly at least loosely religious based. I help when I can with a local project, it's a good feeling to know you're helping someone in need by doing something you enjoy.

Well its that time , Saturday after Thanksgiving, working off all that food overload cutting firewood for the needy, for whatever their reason, we don't ask. Anyone in the Pickens Co. Alabama area is welcome. Overheard at the community meal last night there may be as many as 10/15 churches represented Sat. Weather will be maybe 40 in the morn going up to about low 60s, I love it, hate working outside when its freezing.
Asking GOD's blessings also for safety Thanks for looking.

Well done! One of our local Four Square churches did the same thing. A friend posted some pics on Facebook, and it looked like they had a good time. TONS of firewood processed that day! Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back