"Evaluating Tree Defects"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeSpyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
-A Field Guide by Ed Hayes $28 @ Sherrill

Got mine, ya got yours?

Very nice flip guide of heavier pages, spiraled from the top, per page one of the more expensive selections, but quite a deal! Truly a short course, review of some, essential distilled analasis and formulae sheet. Good for a classroom, field comparison, and sales. Very nice, color photos with clear, concise explanations to worker and client alike.

Covers: Cankers and % of afflicted wood considered still safe, evaluating types of cracks in wounds, evaluating decay patterns and %'s, Bio-Mechanichs of adaptive growth-strength etc.

Personally i see so much sales/education value in it, i'd really love to see a section on spiking, stobbing etc. to make it cover about all; that this 2nd edition lacks. But the rest is right on and even serves as an extension of my education here into all types of tree risks/problems extending from the tree being viewed as both a 'bio-mechancical device as taught to us by the Germans' (Tom?). This manual in short order gets right to the meat and makes it's points clearly. i think it could increase my sales by at least 1, giving more impact to an explanation; let alone sighting something out; that would pay for the guide in one moment.

Good Buy; IMLHO!

-:alien:

Last edited:
ISA members have an opportunity to purchase at a slightly lower price via ISA website. No offense Sean. and yes, it is a great little sales tool and visual reference guide.

Latest posts

Back