Every body hanging in there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkfin12us

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My opinon on after august i hope is that things get back to normal.March,april,may,june and half of july decent.2nd half july slow and i predict august will be.Cant wait till september is here and im hoping things pick up again.Just checking in with other guys to see what you think thanks.

I think it'll take years to get better, the worst is yet to come I beleive.

dont say that!! , Obama said the bailout was gonna work, and they just keep belivin it

its hard to say when its gonna get better i know 2 tree services in my area that shut down, one i was working for. With the economy so bad HO's are hiring joe blow with his wild thing and f150 for hundress less than what we can do jobs for so that is just making it harder

but yea since i have my own business 'we' have been steady since i started in April i think, we are in a pretty richey rich surroundings so i think thats why we have been lucky

hangin in there

Last edited:
I am not a hack, Ive been climbing and working for others for 24 years and desided to make my own money. We have cut and loaded very large trees by hand, for a while now and my bid was just under 1300.00 from 2 very large companies in this area, it is very well deserved, my family didn't have a fortune to give me and I am eaning it honistly, alot of hard work. I wasn't asking for a had out, and I'm not doing a $20,000.00 job for a couple thousand, its right at $20,000.00, yes it may have sounded pathetic in wording, but I climb, I don't wright book.

We had a quiet July. But then July has been a quiet month for us for the past few years. For some reason, though, September was a good month last year and the year before that. Hope it is this year as well.

This week was great. Paid the bills and have a pocket full of gravy to boot. Best week this year. Next week is looking good, too. We've only got 2 1/2 days booked so far but we could get by on those and still be in pretty good shape. :)

Mind you, we have a very low overhead. I don't think we owe a dollar on any of our equipment. Good time to be playing the conservative card.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]No shortage of work here either, I've got 2 commercial contracts, plus residential when we're not busy with that, booked pretty much solid until the end of October. Having my best year to date, and currently have 5 people working for me:greenchainsaw:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
smart to keep the overhead low.

We had a quiet July. But then July has been a quiet month for us for the past few years. For some reason, though, September was a good month last year and the year before that. Hope it is this year as well.

This week was great. Paid the bills and have a pocket full of gravy to boot. Best week this year. Next week is looking good, too. We've only got 2 1/2 days booked so far but we could get by on those and still be in pretty good shape. :)

Mind you, we have a very low overhead. I don't think we owe a dollar on any of our equipment. Good time to be playing the conservative card.

i'm glad i'm not buried in debt like some of these guys.i rent a bucket out or hire a crane what few times i need them.i don't have to worry about the DMV or DOT either.

Jammin this week we were. Definately the best week of the season so far.

New crew is awesome - a pleasure to go to work for once!

The spring was completely horrid. I hope to keep things rolling now, but its tough this year so we'll see. Everything is a refferal this year it seems, new work is sorta dead.

At this time, I'm in the black. And that's running the show with one arm, so i can't complain. I have to hire an extra guy now and then, to climb for me, which cuts into my bottom line a bit.

Last edited:
My opinon on after august i hope is that things get back to normal.March,april,may,june and half of july decent.2nd half july slow and i predict august will be.Cant wait till september is here and im hoping things pick up again.Just checking in with other guys to see what you think thanks.

Seems to be picking up some.I have a weeks worth of work now thank goodness.

My business is doing pretty well, weather has been pretty bad and me and my climbing partner both got swine flu so that was a big spanner in the works.

But we have a few weeks work ahead of us, and the phone keeps ringing.

Things really got slow for us for a while there but pretty much back to normal now. Some guys around here cut their prices to nothing to keep working and doing so put two little companies out of business. We could have worked a little more if we wanted to work for nothing but I am not interested in that.

same here.

Things really got slow for us for a while there but pretty much back to normal now. Some guys around here cut their prices to nothing to keep working and doing so put two little companies out of business. We could have worked a little more if we wanted to work for nothing but I am not interested in that.

it's winding down some.i'm not fighting the lowball guys.they may run them selves out of business.

Not much going on right now. Have a few jobs to do and contract work but the calls are really slow still. Usually picks up in Sept. , hope it does again!

Not much going on right now. Have a few jobs to do and contract work but the calls are really slow still. Usually picks up in Sept. , hope it does again!

August is historically slow for me, what with all the vacations and back-to-school stuff going on. It is just that the whole summer has been like this. I thought I could bank a bit before I went back to school two days a week again.

Back