Excuses you use to justify your CAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- I need a slightly bigger, because if...
- I need a slightly smaller, because if...
- I need one in the between of the slightly bigger and the slightly smaller, because if...

You're good, 40 is the correct number of saws for a solid 3 saw plan for the average firewood dude.
I don't cut firewood, so I figured I'd need a 12-saw plan. Going by your calculation, I'm still in the green with 160-odd saws or so - feel relieved - got me worried for a moment that I might suffer from CAD, but it's all good :cool:

I think i have used all those excuses at some stage. I even have a saw i bought for parts for another saw i have, that i ended up fixing and using. I also have a new 48mm and 52mm piston and cylinder for my 372XP just to try one day. I also bought a 390XP piston and cylinder to see if i can make them fit one day too. The only problem i have is that my shed is not big enough to fit everything in

I think i have used all those excuses at some stage. I even have a saw i bought for parts for another saw i have, that i ended up fixing and using. I also have a new 48mm and 52mm piston and cylinder for my 372XP just to try one day. I also bought a 390XP piston and cylinder to see if i can make them fit one day too. The only problem i have is that my shed is not big enough to fit everything in
I'm pretty confident the 390 top end won't work on your 372... I'm equally confident it would work on one of the 385’s I need to rebuild 😉

I'm getting the CAD bug also, had a Jred 621 and 70E which I sold while still running. Bought a new 2245 for firewood, cousin gave me a 670 Champ that needed a coil then gave me his 2159 which he can't physically use anymore. Then a friend gave me a NIB 2238 which has never been run.

I love good tools. It’s an emotional bond. And for some reason, maybe because chainsaws are so unique in feel and sound and character from one to another, and they are so much more “alive” compared to other types of tools or equipment, I fall in love quick.

But, they are also easy to sell or just find a new one to love.

So, my cad comes from the ability to fall madly in love without commitment 😬

That 353 that still has sheen on the plastic for $200 sat there for a month. It won't be there next time. Better buy it up! Where am I gonna store it? Oh, I dunno. When will it get used? Oh, I dunno.

I'm pretty confident the 390 top end won't work on your 372... I'm equally confident it would work on one of the 385’s I need to rebuild 😉
The carb with rubber manifold will fit though, better do some porting on your 52mm Nikasil bore... 76,45ccm.
I just love the exhaust port top flat opening on the 372, how about making it a little wider...
It might peel away your Nikasil plating, but then again - can you do something about it?

Latest posts

Back