Exhaust in my face

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Pilot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I spent good money to have my MS 361 muffler modified. For the first time I am pleased with the performance of my 361, but now the exhaust is blowing back in my face :dizzy: when falling a tree. I have also looked at the mod with slits and a Husky deflector, but it looks to me like the same problem. Most chainsaws exhaust on the right front, opposite the operator for a good reason. I would like to know if anyone is modifying a 361 muffler to exhaust in the direction it originaly did and with a good spark arrester as well. My dual port 460 works great. Thanks

I spent good money to have my MS 361 muffler modified. For the first time I am pleased with the performance of my 361, but now the exhaust is blowing back in my face :dizzy: when falling a tree. I have also looked at the mod with slits and a Husky deflector, but it looks to me like the same problem. Most chainsaws exhaust on the right front, opposite the operator for a good reason. I would like to know if anyone is modifying a 361 muffler to exhaust in the direction it originaly did and with a good spark arrester as well. My dual port 460 works great. Thanks
On all of my saws the original exhaust outlet is clearly located so as to be in the cooling air flow coming off the cylinder. This at least helps to dilute it some and blow it away somewhat, as well as keeping it from melting things. I have kept this as a criteria for the mods I have done.

The muffler ive been happiest with are the walkerized tube style ones that are on both sides of the muffler. This way the exhaust aint going into your face and it helps reduce CO buildup if stumping...

Back