F250 Fuel Pump Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedsim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Long shot here, but I'm looking for help with an ongoing fuel pump issue with my '06 F250, 5.4 liter.

The short version is the pump does not run. I can make it run by pulling the connector off the pump driver module and jumping the pins so the pump is connected directly to the the 12V supply. The pump driver module is new and exhibits the same behavior as the old module, so I'm quite certain that it's not the module itself. I've tried enough stuff that the only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that the control signal is not getting thru to the driver module, either because the ECM is not generating the signal, or there's a bad connection somewhere that's interrupting the signal.

My mechanic had a similar problem with an E350 (I think) that turned out to be a bad ground strap between the frame and body. He cleaned and remade the connection and that seemed to fix the problem, but it came back with identical symptoms after a short time. This most recent time I rechecked and refastened the jumper but it didn't help.

Either suggestions on fixes, or a more appropriate place to ask for help are appreciated. Lots more detail available if anyone here is familiar with this system and if it'll help pin down the problem.

Back