Faded plastic resoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffbecky1

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought an old Husqvarna 55 rancher with faded plastic and decided to spruce it up. I sanded progressively from 220 grit to 1500 grit and then buffed with Nu-finish and then covered with Meguair's Endurance Tire Gel (do NOT use on handles! Too slick!). we will see how long it lasts.55fadel.jpg55fader.jpg55l.jpg55r.jpg55b.jpg

If your dressing wears off, try the new Cerakote vinyl dressing wipes. They actually apply a ceramic coating that lasts a long time. You can even buy the wipes right from the Amazonian's.

I think you did a really nice job bringing the faded colors back.

I wish there was something we could apply with hardly any work? I been trying different things but nothing worked yet.

for anything black there is good automotive stuff to re-shine old faded black plastic bumpers and trim. Buffing with a wheel would be good too, but hand wiping too.

I rub silicone straight out of a tube on the plastic and let it set for a couple minutes and rub off. I have found that works better than at least 10 others things I have tried. It leaves a little shine, cleans the plastic well and makes it darker again to hide some of the imperfections. It will do as good of a job as the OP has.

Latest posts

Back