fair price for a Vermeer bc1250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skibum

Reaction score
I have a bc 1250 I bought a couple of years ago - need it for a bunch of acres. The pine beetles have made short work of almost all the trees - time for a real logger to come in.

I have been letting a good friend who opened a rental store rent the machine, and he now wants to buy it. I really don't need to sell it - I can store it and use it at my pleasure.

What is a fair price I should ask for it - 500 hours total, autofeed, curbside "swing", perkins n/a.

I don't want ot give it away, and don't want to be a prick!

Thanks for any insights! Looks like a nice site - I'm going to go look around!

Thanks!

Having read throug a bunch of posts - sounds like many of you hate Vermeer products, some exceptions being the 1250.

I had always thought they were top notch - I never had any real problems, but they are expensive to get serviced at the Vermeer distributer. Told me $1500 for a thorough going over. Got there, it was almost $4000. Ouch.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

What year is it? Then I can give you an answer.

I would say max $12K since it already 10 years old lowest I would go on it would be like $8.75K (only if you're realy hurting) + depending on the paint, rust, blades, ext. $9K would make a quick sale.

Thanks for the reply. We have negotiated a price a bit higher than your top end, and are both happy.

Its wierd - searching the web you see everything frm 8K to 23K. Mine was pretty perfect.

Appreciate your input! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back