Farmertec carb for 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 372 oe that that began life as a 365. Along with a new top end, I put on a well used rebuilt HD12 carb. It's been taking a lot of pulls to start, and last time I tried to use it , it kept dying as soon as I cut with it, Restarts just fine, but keeps dying under load. So I thought I would try a different card to see if it changed anything. Have not installed it yet, but I did open it up on both sides as I had heard reports of metal filings, etc in aftermarket carbs. Won't know til I try it, but it seemed pretty well made form just looking at it. I know nobody here would ever admit to buying anything Chinese (except chow main?), but please, wish me luck anyway. Fuel lines and filter look fine by the way, so I don't think that's the problemIMG_2151.jpegIMG_2150.jpegIMG_2152.jpegIMG_2153.jpeg

I never had a issue with the no name 372 China carb. But alot of folks do. So 50/50 chance there.
Long as you know how to tune and trouble shoot you should be ok. But if bad carb only few bucks wasted and lot of aggravation.

Thats why most folks just buy the Walbro China made carbs for replacements. They come on the 372xp pro ones.

Yes Walbro has a China plant and so does NGK. ;)

g372carbbb.jpgg372carbb.jpg

Now for your other carb and what you describe. Sounds like stiff diaphragms. . Seen that many times on saws that come in and even on some of mine over the years with use.

Run out of mix in cut due to stiff dias. They run out in cut and start and repeat.

So when is last time you been through the carb and put a new kit in it?

This was doing it on me. New kit cut like suppose too.

p445carb.jpg

Now for your other carb and what you describe. Sounds like stiff diaphragms. . Seen that many times on saws that come in and even on some of mine over the years with use.

Run out of mix in cut due to stiff dias. They run out in cut and start and repeat.

So when is last time you been through the carb and put a new kit in it?

This was doing it on me. New kit cut like suppose too.

View attachment 1123080
Carb was rebuilt in the last year and has elk always had ethanol free, although now that I’ve got it out of the saw, I will open it up. Seems like the metering diaphragm is usually the first thing to degrade? Old carb came out of a 372 beater that appears extremely well used. Choke lever kept falling out as hole was wallowed out some

Installed carb tonight, it started well, idles well, and has nice throttle response. However, it's too late to cut with it which will be the test, so hopefully tomorrow. ( it was dying in the cut after 2-3 cuts with the old carb, so that's what I'm hoping will change!)
Where are your H/L settings at (turns out)?

Where are your H/L settings at (turns out)?
I didn't count how many turns yet, and still have not cut with it or set the high speed with my tach ( fairly deaf, so I have to use a tach). Is that useful information? ( number of turns?) My guess is that it will be somewhat different setting vs a real walbro

Back