FarmerTech - Huztl Aftermarket Shortblock - Stihl 260, 361 and 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmh3481

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Never tried one but its probly made with really cheap metal and won't last long that's just my guess.

I don't do Huztl. Ever.
Buy from Randy & Henry.

I agree about Randy and Henry, they go out of their way to test their products which includes making things right if there are problems. Huztl, FarmerTech and Hyway all seem to be interrelated. When I came across the shortblocks I thought wow what a great way to bring back an old bomb without all the small parts chasing.

Here is another example, I was working on one of the 63cc Echo blowers the other day that needed a carb. I could buy the Walbro WYK kit for $10 and maybe it would work out or maybe it wouldnt? Or, I could buy a whole new barrel copy carb from Huztl for $9 shipped. Walbro seems to have lowered their prices on the barrel carbs because of the foreign competition, but they still cost alot more than a sawbuck.

I decided to give the copy carb a try. Ill let you guys know how it works out.

To revise thread. I put one of those super cheap ebay china carbs in a very old but little used echo 2100 pole saw. the thing runs like new once again and I think it cost less than $15 total and included tygon fuel lines and tank grommet, I used a genuine echo fuel filter that I had bought on a close out many years ago.

Latest posts

Back