Fatwood/Storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MittenJoe

Reaction score
I was curious where if anywhere I'd have to go to find bigger pieces of Fatwood/Pitchwood than a 4 pounder. in my neck of the woods I've found some in the wilderness and its mostly branches that size, I've heard of people getting these massive stumps and huge huge pieces! I've been trying to get the biggest piece I can, a stump size basically. Would I just have to know a guy? Does anyone on here have anyone I could call? Heck i'm willing to pay good for it.

ALSO! I've been storing my fatwood in an attachment to my house and I was curious if I was being a buffoon, or if it wont just spontaneously combust in the summer haha. Thanks (Oh and the attachment is also temperature regulated)

I was curious where if anywhere I'd have to go to find bigger pieces of Fatwood/Pitchwood than a 4 pounder. in my neck of the woods I've found some in the wilderness and its mostly branches that size, I've heard of people getting these massive stumps and huge huge pieces! I've been trying to get the biggest piece I can, a stump size basically. Would I just have to know a guy? Does anyone on here have anyone I could call? Heck i'm willing to pay good for it.

ALSO! I've been storing my fatwood in an attachment to my house and I was curious if I was being a buffoon, or if it wont just spontaneously combust in the summer haha. Thanks (Oh and the attachment is also temperature regulated)
Talk to someone in your area that has recently had their land clear cut or if you know someone that cuts timber. They’re pretty common around here. I just burned a stack of them.

I've kept my Fatwood both in the basement & garage for years, no issues.
I just wait for sales & buy it

I'm around an hr north of you. What exactly are you after? Stumps? Or just large wood...

I get Huge stumps of it here in Arkansas (I have to dig em up with a shovel).
I just store em on my Oak wood pile like any other wood.
I just cut a chunk off & split as needed & keep the stumps whole.
Man I’m jealous! Lol. I gotta get down south or out west and get some bigger pieces

Back