Favorite Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I show photos to customers, use digital cameras, provide lectures to garden shows and write many of my own forms and stuff, I'd almost have to say the computer.

This is the latest.

But it takes care of photos, estimates, graphics, photos, videos, information exchange, business website, etc,.

Probably it, and my handsaw and chainsaw are my most indespensible things.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Do you really put that much weight on that stuff? The web strap loop runners rated at 1200 lbs or so? Even a bigger strap with just a beener doesn't sound good for 2 ton of eager energy. Maybe to tie off but maybe not to let a rope run through it.

yes, I do. I have loop runners rated at 6,500lbs. and my caribiners are rated at 6,200. 4,000lbs or below. all the the time. What is eager energy? You mean shock loading? By keeping the timber hitch close to the biner little shock loading happens. Belaying limbs with a redirect by use of a loop runner and biner is fairly safe when the biner is serving as a secondary crotch.

Last edited:
Is that a tensile rating or SWL?
it has-ta be tensile.if the max is 5000 id say safe working load would be 500. the hollow braid makes a much better loop than the nylon slings and are also adjustable. the slings are too long or too short and also much weaker than the tenex or other similar hollow braid.

Last edited:
yes, I do. I have loop runners rated at 6,500lbs. and my caribiners are rated at 6,200. 4,000lbs or below. all the the time. What is eager energy? You mean shock loading? By keeping the timber hitch close to the biner little shock loading happens. Belaying limbs with a redirect by use of a loop runner and biner is fairly safe when the biner is serving as a secondary crotch.
if your doing anything big ya better use a pulley on that krab. we have snapped the core on 16strand 1/2in and welded the cover too the bollard:dizzy: the krab alone is just too hard a turn and should be avoided.

I do probably more prunings than removals,and I would have to say my Silky Sugoi handsaw and my silky polesaw are my favorite two peices of equipment that's not diesel powered

sorry for the confusion. thats only from the ground lol. i use a double or single jameson in the tree sometimes though.

ive had mine about 3 weeks and still havent used it :censored:

am waiting on a line tamer from sherrill to come in before i start using it. im not down with stuff 150ft of throwline in a bag 6 inches at a time lol

FROM THE GROUND! OUCH MAN!:)
Let me know how that piece of crap fishing line spooler works OK?

Sure all lopp runners are not the same but for all intensive purposes most people do use a sling like you said BUT no matter what a single beener is rated at running or dropping a wieghted rope on such narrow surface is going to F up your rope. If you got stuff that heavy you should step up to a pulley to stop the stress on the rope.
A redirct does not always carry the full load and eager energy is the engery stored in the limbs you manipulate to the ground, its just waiting to be underestimated... eagerly. Ennergy, force, weight, whatever.
It has to be real light for my to just use a beener as a means of lowering. But if two are used to offset the bend of just one its not so bad. Just don't use 3-strand.

I'm sure I have never lowered a 4k lb limb off of anything other than a crane. Thats even technically about 2x the safe WLL of 3/4" stable braid.

Best thing I purchased this year was my 3/4 arborist block.
It is my big load helper but limbs and natural crotch rigging
I use stranded rope instead of stable braid and that saves
my rope.

im hoping it will work well. ill try some diff type lines if not....

this isnt what i wanted to hear lol. why dont you likem treebot?

Maybe I have the wrong kind of line (yellow stuff and red stuff) but I never got it to work at all, still stuffin.

Maybe I have the wrong kind of line (yellow stuff and red stuff) but I never got it to work at all, still stuffin.

mmm when i get mine in this week ill open a thread. keep an eye out for it and join in. mayne we can do a muffler mod on it or something lmao

Latest posts

Back