Favorite Saw and favorite food

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdbill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im going to try to get this goin here with winter coming, woodcuttin and favorite foods a cooking. Favorite working saw and favorite winter food or meal. I ask that absolutely no talk of politics and or religion gets added because of the problems it stirs up. If we have to it can be a couple favorite saws, just 1 wont work cause I usually go out with atleast 5. Not much better going out on a cold morning cutting wood till yer wooped and coming home to something good going in the crock pot.

Mine has to be a good pot of stew with lots of taters and twice as much meat, bout any meat but deer or beef at the top of the list
Biscuts, cornbread or homemade bread crackers in a pinch

Saws are and I know this will stir the pot
346XP 28" 3/8 full skip chisel Stihl chain
MS260 Pro 24" 3/3 full chisel skip

Last edited:
Ms362 with 20" full chisel
385xp with 32" or 25" full chisel
Fried chicken and fried taters
Locust, white oak, and ash

Only got three saws to choose from. The Jred 630 and Echo 346 are the usual pair.

A big pot of beef or moose stew simmering on the woodstove is my fuel of choice. I like the stew meat seared in a hot pan then splashed with a good red cabernet wine to get the drippings off and start the stock. Give the meat a headstart cooking slowly in a few cups of water with onions and garlic, salt and pepper and a splash of Worchestershire sauce. Come back in an hour or so and start adding the vegetables. I add carrots first, then turnip/rudabega and lots of spuds. Then I go back out to work some more and come in for dinner before dark.

To thicken, I like to brown some flour in a hot frypan, mix it up to make a rue and use that.

Usually, by the time we're ready to sit down and eat, I've got quite an appetite. It's not to hard to blow a gasket when you're starving and the stew's delicious.

I'm kind of getting a hankerin for stew right now!!!

Arbys roast beef and a Stihl 440.Buy the roast beef sandwich,open the wrapper,then eat.Or you can put Arbys sauce on it:eek:pen sauce,take top bun off,put sauce on roast beef,then eat.

getting cooler down southtime for...

a chicken stew. I am being a little forward here but I make a real mean chicken stew. Start out with mostly leg qtrs , Boil the bird till done then use the broth to cook your potatoes,onions ,whole kernel corn and just a little tomatoes. pick meat off the bone add to vegetables and cook together to meld the flavors . When done add canned evaporated milk and real butter.Lots of black pepper and a little salt. OH and add a 346xp and 372xp to taste. I usually put about 60 lbs of chicken in my stew.

I like to eat and I love to cut wood! I'd say the saws I usually grab to cut firewood are my 262 and 44 Husky. sometimes my 156 Efco or my 310 Stihl. And if I really feel energetic my 79 Dolkita! Food just about anything. But I love seafood and Italian food. Roast turkey is one of my specialties. Make good gravy thanks to Anequs instruction!:msp_biggrin:

I gotta go with a Rib Eye, deep fried mushrooms and my granny's baked beans! As far as saws, I still like my old Johnny Red 70E.

My saws... have to say... would be my Lil Stihl 180, a MS261 (If i had my own...), and probably a 044.

Food? Some Dutch oven fried chicken, and a nice bowl of homemade chili. topped off with again some Dutch oven desert....

can you tell im a boy scout?

Favorite wood to cut would be some nice, red cedar. I love the smell of that stuff. LOVE it!

Arbys roast beef and a Stihl 440.Buy the roast beef sandwich,open the wrapper,then eat.Or you can put Arbys sauce on it:eek:pen sauce,take top bun off,put sauce on roast beef,then eat.

All that money I spent on Ancestry.com and I find my long lost twin brother in an obscure thread on AS. Just make sure you have TreeMonkey port that 440 before the next family gathering.

Borat
Can you tell me about your avitar photo ? I dont want to say a word tell I hear what you have to say

Like to hear it too - after "I do all the cookin' story":D

:popcorn:

Told ya, Borat

P.S - any of my saws that'll run the one time a year that I start 'em & frozen thin crust supreme from Costco

luck,greg

Last edited:
Favorite saws...toughy probably 254xp and 372xp. Favorite meal, I smoke a mean rib roast (prime rib), garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, finish w/ apple cobbler. Today's choice: 262xp, dolly 5100, husky 141...crock potted venison roast and pork roast (beer, onions, peppers, garlic, mesquite seasoning) w/ mashed taters, gravy, corn, pumpkin pie.

Stihl ms261
Husq 562xp
Stihl ms460

Beef stew
Chicken and dumplings
Seafood gumbo

Any other dead thing I drag home that my wife is willing to cook.

Best,
Steve

All that money I spent on Ancestry.com and I find my long lost twin brother in an obscure thread on AS. Just make sure you have TreeMonkey port that 440 before the next family gathering.
Lmao ya know my dad did live in Mayland in his younger years.I will have the saw ported,you bring the curly fries .

My favorite saw is the one that I happen to be using at the time. They all have their place in the fleet and all get used when needed.

My favorite food is probably Mac and Cheese casserole made with extra sharp cheddar cheese. Other foods high on the list are grilled steak and fried seafood.

Latest posts

Back