Favorite Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hackberries there are the same as the ones in TX, I disagree.

Here they are the definition of tree defect. Live fast, die young, and don't have good looking corpses at their funerals.

That is TX though.

There are a couple of hackberries that are commonly found in Texas. The ones I see most often when I visit are Sweetberry Hackberry. They are very different from the Hackberries I have in my area. That said, there are lots of reasons to choose other trees as favorites-I just like them anyway.

Celtis laevigata I think. It has been a while since I pulled out a book.

It really isn't about reasons. It is more about what you like.

Fave and Most hated

I am a big palm tree guy. They are my favorite trees. I would ahve to say that my fave amongst palms is the Royal Palm(Roystonia Regia). They are so beautiful and are used mostly to landscape buildings of royalty and palaces.

No one has brought this up yet but the tree I absolutely hate are those PINE TREES! They are good for nothing IMO. They are ugly, they get bark all over the yard, pine needles all over the yard, sap all over the car..... I see no good in these trees. The only thing pines have done that is positive is they have helped me make a living by removing them and I gladly do.

They do have inherent value as evergreens. A deciduous tree is unable to provide that kind of color and screen all year round, as a rule.

Back