favorite wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I'm talkin about, very nice. I like how it just sneaks in from the side of the shot. I have a video of me dropping a good size white oak with help from a hoe, this has me thinking I should do it up.

both.

I am the operator and cutter.this is a green,hardly any lean pine.the bucket is resting there.I back cut, leaving plenty of wood,than push it over.

I like to use the winch on my Jeep. Sometimes I'll use a strap and attach it to a tree forward of the tree I'm felling and tighten it up with the winch, which puts a slight lean on the tree In the rigth direction and won't allow it to fall back in the direction I don't want it too. It's also saves my winch cable..

As long as you have an operator you trust with your life - He pushes too hard, the guy thats sawing gets the barberchair in the face, maybe even the chainsaw in the gut - :(

:agree2: We use that method from time to time, but I only let my son operate it, he is very good at it and reads the tree well. He also knows exactly what I am doing in the cut, so well in fact, it's almost like I am cutting and operating the equipment at the same time.

my father and i do ok when one cuts and the other pushes with the tractor. ive also done that love by myself, kinda scary and not osha reccomended!

here are the steps
LOW gear, put the bucket against the tree and let the tires just try to spin, set parking brake. cut tree, leave lots of hinge, get back on tractor, LOW gear, release clutch to friction point, then release parking brake so it doesnt roll back.

or

put bucket against tree and push down with the loader arms til the front wheels come off the ground. then cut the tree and let duck when the bucket falls on your head. (sometimes im a dum bass)

Latest posts

Back