Felling and Removal of 90-100' Sycamore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

Love the use of classical music as a sountrack to these videos - especially the Carmina Burana in the sycamore felling.

What is the piece being played at the beginning while setting the throwline and rope? I definitely recognize it, but don't know the composer.

The music in the rigged down oak video is Vivaldi - correct?

-Andy

Last edited:
Sorry it is a little grainy I was trying a dvd camcorder, but apparently it does not record the same quality to memory card.

It stars our pride and joy (Bobby the Bobcat).

TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP, CLASSICAL MUSIC.

Thanks for watching!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-d_WOQxPF8

Nice video like your Bobcat mini, What is the tipping load on that model?? Is there a big diffirence between the mt52 and the bigger Bobcat mini skid's? 55,60 etc..

mini

Nice video like your Bobcat mini, What is the tipping load on that model?? Is there a big diffirence between the mt52 and the bigger Bobcat mini skid's? 55,60 etc

Believe it or not the mt 55 can pick up less. The only difference between the 55 and 52 is track width. I have had the 52 for 2 years now and have never damaged a yard, except for the ocasional newbie turning to hard.

As for tipping load it is rated for 550 fully raised to 6', but I have picked up more.

The main reason I have the 52 is that it will fit through a 36" gate.

Last edited:
Nice videos. Nice job. I don't mean to nit pick but your port-a-wrap is wrapped incorrectly on the oak video though. The rope should wrap around the tube and through the center part. Not over it. It puts much more uneven wear on the rope and could lock up the way you have wrapped it. The correct way is to take a bight of rope and put it through the bent part and then behind the pin. The running end then goes around the barrell as many times as you need and the groundie holds the end. Hope that makes sence..... Mike

Last edited:
Nice videos. Nice job. I don't mean to nit pick but your port-a-wrap is wrapped incorrectly on the oak video though. The rope should wrap around the tube and through the center part. Not over it. It puts much more uneven wear on the rope and could lock up the way you have wrapped it. The correct way is to take a bight of rope and put it through the bent part and then behind the pin. The running end then goes around the barrell as many times as you need and the groundie holds the end. Hope that makes sence..... Mike

I had a short description prior to the movie link, that said

"Yes I know the Porty was not wrapped properley, there was reason we did it that way"

But if you clicked on my link through youtube and not this site you may not have seen this.

However thanks for watching and good eye.

I had a short description prior to the movie link, that said

"Yes I know the Porty was not wrapped properley, there was reason we did it that way"

But if you clicked on my link through youtube and not this site you may not have seen this.

However thanks for watching and good eye.

What was the reason you did it that way? Just curious.

What was the reason you did it that way? Just curious.

We had cleaned the truck out the night before and one of my guys forgot to put 3 of our rope bags back.

So I had to tie two shorter lines together, and a double bowline would not run through it. However it will run around it. Kinda hillbilly but it beats driving an hour to get the other ropes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back