Fever Acacia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomg375

Tomg375

I live in SoCal and am looking for a Fever Acacia tree (Acacia Vachellila Zanthopholoea). I prefer a 6-10 foot tree but since these are fast-growing trees so I am willing to start from seeds if necessary (if I can find them). Does anyone have suggestions for a source?

A version of the Palo Verde is another option. Can they be found with single trunks? All the ones that I have seen have multiple trunks. Also, I want it to grow to 20-30 feet in height. Will a Palo Verde grow that tall?

The green trunk and spare leaves are what has drawn me to these trees.

Oldman47

Oldman47

ArboristSite Guru
I would do a google search for seedling trees or even for tree seed. Back when I was making my tree plantations folks like Vans Pines were the go to people but that was several years ago. I don't even know if they are still in business. Your trouble may come when you want a single specimen and the company you have located only sells in 10s or 100s.

Tomg375

Tomg375

I Googled "fever tree seeds" and found www.seedman.com in MN (sells seeds for many trees, plants, vegetable, etc) and ordered a batch. After researching these trees I have not seen that profusely reseeding as a problem. I have seen a stand of 15-20 trees and only what looks like one reseeded tree. Maybe the secret is to remove the seed pods when they fall each year? Either that or the squirrels eat them.

Latest posts