Finally got to do some more millin'...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I moved our bandmill to my place a couple of weeks ago and ran a few logs through it.

These were done on the first day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice set up!
Those Bobcat's sure make a hard day of milling a lot easier.
What kind of wood is that? That may be a dumb question, but we have verry little hardwood here.

Andy

Here's today's results. Just a little under 200bf in a couple hours. Not bad for working alone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The mill performs well but it has several detail issues that I'll have to correct. Based on performance per dollar spent it's a pretty good mill. It does have several features I think are well designed such as the quick cam action dogs, the saw head lifting mechanism and others. However, until the manufacturer pulls their head out of their butts and back up their product with reliable service, DON'T buy anything from Quality Manufacturing Co. We have tried numerous times over several months to contact someone to resolve the problems that should be fixed or accounted for but no one answers the phone or returns emails. The whole situation is unfortunate really, these people could have a really good thing going for them. Oh well, I'll just have to fix it myself and keep on millin'.

Cool pictures Aggie! I really like the mill, hopefully you will get everything worked out soon. How does the price compare to a Norwood of similar size?

Nice aggie... nice setup ya got there. Bobcat to haul the logs, a mill to slice them up and a pile of logs I see in the background there. Looks like all you need is what most of us wish we had lots more of, FREE WEEKENDS!!!

Bet you do miss the power of that big hp mill you had access too before though don't you? But as you say, bang for the buck that little mill looks like it's a winner. Too bad they have service issues. Light a fire under them.

Nice set up!
Those Bobcat's sure make a hard day of milling a lot easier.
What kind of wood is that? That may be a dumb question, but we have verry little hardwood here.

Andy

I knew I was forgetting something... Pretty much all you see in the pics is Elm. There's some Sweetgum in there too.

Cool pictures Aggie! I really like the mill, hopefully you will get everything worked out soon. How does the price compare to a Norwood of similar size?

I don't remember exactly how much but the WC was quite a bit less than the Norwood.

Nice aggie... nice setup ya got there. Bobcat to haul the logs, a mill to slice them up and a pile of logs I see in the background there. Looks like all you need is what most of us wish we had lots more of, FREE WEEKENDS!!!

Bet you do miss the power of that big hp mill you had access too before though don't you? But as you say, bang for the buck that little mill looks like it's a winner. Too bad they have service issues. Light a fire under them.

Please explain these "free weekends" you speak of.:confused:

We still have access to that big mill. This mill just fills the gap between it and the CSM. It saves us haul trips when all we want is small quantities of grade or construction lumber. Now, if we need long beams or large quantities of lumber, that Logmaster can't be beat.

Stay tuned for more..... hopefully soon...

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back