Finally!..I got the 075 stihl running- now on carb adjust..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mowisme

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The saw ran after I replaced oil pump gear/shaft,ect..But then tore down to paint and couldn't get but real weak spark if any at all- long story short..I tried a mega-fire2 and no change- bought a used coil and trigger set-up off e-bay and had no spark. Left the e-bay coil on but took a ignition module off a 'Tanaka' entry level trimmer that I was junking. after putting that on..It had great Spark. Got two questions: Do you think that the tanaka module will last? it is about same as mega-fire in size. Second question is: I got my carb H and L set at 1 turn out each but also have a modded muffler with two 3" long pipes (3/4" dia) as louvers rusted out, so any idea where a good ball-park carb setting so I don't lean it out?

If it's running now, you're already in the ball park - although I would probably start a little richer on the H, maybe 1.5 turns. You have to run the saw and tune from there, I'd rather err on the rich side when I go WOT and start adjusting. This is helpful if you haven't seen it already:

Saw Carb Tuning

Latest posts

Back