Finally made a rack to hold the saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to use hooks, but the hardware store wanted almost a dollar per for a hook that would support a 395 with a 32". It was important to do this on a budget.

20161231_132330.jpg20161231_132350.jpg20161231_132402.jpg20161231_132408.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures. They view correct in my gallery but are rotated once loaded to the thread.

Yes, this saw rack should also work in low gravity situations, like the moon. I am still working on getting an example there for testing though to be sure.

Yes, this saw rack should also work in low gravity situations, like the moon. I am still working on getting an example there for testing though to be sure.

Thanks for the pictures of the rope hanger.
You had my gears turning when you said you just used rope and no hook.

I was in tru-value store awhile back and was going to buy some small nylon braided rope similar to what you are using and could not believe their price per foot. I told them I could live without that for now. I ask the price on everything now days before I tell them I want it. (but I do believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy)

I did break down and buy a Stihl recoil starter rope few days ago and the price was out of site.

Everyone have a Nice New Years.

No, it is the cut off version of the 8800 which followed the 540. It is an 88 cc pro grade saw developed by Solo.

View attachment 547329

I will sell the Target saw if you have any interest.
Nice....
I Remembered wrong then.
I think the one I had was 62cc's.
I've got three Targets already, and a walk behind saw cart.
They don't need a ballast like the early FW Stihl cart had.

The saw is weight enough by itself. lol

The best one I have is the P62 version.
It's in a tote waiting on me to put it back together with all the new parts it needed.

I take it you know Rottman sales has the NOS parts ?

I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures. They view correct in my gallery but are rotated once loaded to the thread.

Same problem. A saw I posted for saw, one picture was inverted so I added edit that it cuts upside down also.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0450.JPG Not as many saws as some of you guys, but I have a start. I used an old gas grill to hold mine so I.can roll it around the shop if need to. I have since added a few more saws.

On rollers is a good thing.

I have to contend with oil drippers, even after putting in all new oil pumps and seals some would still drip bar oil intermittently, they seemed to leak worst right when I thought I could trust them not to on a clean floor and they oil ok when in use so I let them drip into the catch pans if they don't have a plastic storage case.

I have a good running old Remington SL9 that kinda favors your SL16.

On rollers is a good thing.

I have to contend with oil drippers, even after putting in all new oil pumps and seals some would still drip bar oil intermittently, they seemed to leak worst right when I thought I could trust them not to on a clean floor and they oil ok when in use so I let them drip into the catch pans if they don't have a plastic storage case.

I have a good running old Remington SL9 that kinda favors your SL16.
The old Remington doesn't get used much but it's near and dear to my heart. Grandpal gave it to me. My very first chainsaw. I'll die with it too! He has since passed and grandma gave me all of his chainsaw stuff. 2 chain grinders and an old Lickety splitter and a stihl 038 magnum. I think of him every time I look at the stuff.

Rolling cabinets aren't all they're cracked up to be. I moved one, and dropped a NOS Homelite 540 off of it and broke the rear handle. Oldtimers will remember the pictures that I posted.

Rolling cabinets aren't all they're cracked up to be. I moved one, and dropped a NOS Homelite 540 off of it and broke the rear handle. Oldtimers will remember the pictures that I posted.

Yep, XXit happens. (accidently breaking things)
But also I've noticed if something is in a shop and it's not on rollers it's always quite often in the way and needs to be moved just a little bit then placed back where it was because when it's moved it's still in the way. (and if I throw something away that I've not needed in several years, I'll need it next week and have to go buy a new one and the price is really more expensive that I suspected.

But I've also noticed
I started out with nothing and still have most of it.
AND another one
I've also noticed the more people I talk too, the more I like my dog.

Have a nice New Years!!!!

Finally, after sitting on the concrete floor gathering dust from that table saw and tripping over them for months, I've made a rack to hold the kids. It will hold 48 saws, chains/bars on one end and that one line trimmer on the other. Most of the saws hanging are good runners and just need cleaned, the saws on the floor are pretty much parts only. They will be hanging on the back side tomorrow, I ran out of the rope to loop through the handles. This looked like a better option than building shelving to place them on. Where a lot of larger saws with bars take up a lot of space on a shelf.

e9cd2e816657b8646a7ef20cba13199f.jpg
Great Idea. Very nice organization!

Finally, after sitting on the concrete floor gathering dust from that table saw and tripping over them for months, I've made a rack to hold the kids. It will hold 48 saws, chains/bars on one end and that one line trimmer on the other. Most of the saws hanging are good runners and just need cleaned, the saws on the floor are pretty much parts only. They will be hanging on the back side tomorrow, I ran out of the rope to loop through the handles. This looked like a better option than building shelving to place them on. Where a lot of larger saws with bars take up a lot of space on a shelf.

e9cd2e816657b8646a7ef20cba13199f.jpg

Nice rack, I like it.

That said if you came to my shop you will find a bunch of old saws hanging by their rear handle, but they are all non AV mount saws.

It's maybe just me, but I will not hang a AV mount saw by the rear handle and put a constant stress on rubber AV mounts. Especially old saws with hard to find replacment mounts.

Not trying to throw cold water on the rack idea at all, it is a nice compact way to store them, just stating my opinion on what I think about hanging old saws.

Got some ceiling racks for all of my fishing rods last summer. The wife immediately counted them. Heck, I didn't know how many I had till I got the racks. A consideration...

Back