Finally made a rack to hold the saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rack, I like it.

That said if you came to my shop you will find a bunch of old saws hanging by their rear handle, but they are all non AV mount saws.

It's maybe just me, but I will not hang a AV mount saw by the rear handle and put a constant stress on rubber AV mounts. Especially old saws with hard to find replacment mounts.

Not trying to throw cold water on the rack idea at all, it is a nice compact way to store them, just stating my opinion on what I think about hanging old saws.

I know you were referring to the OP's rack, but thanks as this is certainly something I need to consider. I didn't think of that when I built my shelf. Though the shelf doesn't put any pressure beyond the weight of the tank and handles on the AV mounts since the saw sits on the case, it does stress in a 90* different direction than a horizontal sitting saw. I am probably okay given the small load, but I am going to reflect on it more since no one makes AV mounts for my old MACs and even NOS mounts are closing in on 30 years - plus they are expensive.

Ron

Actually I may be doing my AV a favor as the load of the tank and handle is much less than the suspended weight of the motor, bar, etc.

Hopefully by spring everything will be out of here in a pole barn and i can start drywall and tile. Any suggestions to hanging drywall on cement block? Furring strips is all i can think of
If the wall is an outside wall or moisture is a concern use 1 1/2" (dense) foam board cut into 16" or 24" by 8" and then table saw cut a 3/4 "x 3/4" dado on both long sides so you can fasten a 1 1/2" furring strip to wall with foam sandwiched/spliced between wall and strip. Avoids mildew and mold as well as insulates for temperature and sound transfer You can buy foam pre-cut for this concept But I Have not bought it this way. Just an Idea to check into

Finally, after sitting on the concrete floor gathering dust from that table saw and tripping over them for months, I've made a rack to hold the kids. It will hold 48 saws, chains/bars on one end and that one line trimmer on the other. Most of the saws hanging are good runners and just need cleaned, the saws on the floor are pretty much parts only. They will be hanging on the back side tomorrow, I ran out of the rope to loop through the handles. This looked like a better option than building shelving to place them on. Where a lot of larger saws with bars take up a lot of space on a shelf.

e9cd2e816657b8646a7ef20cba13199f.jpg
That is a masterpiece of sheer beauty.

029, 044, 066, 025

Hopefully by spring everything will be out of here in a pole barn and i can start drywall and tile. Any suggestions to hanging drywall on cement block? Furring strips is all i can think of
I have a concrete and stone house. I glued and concerte screwed osb to the walls and then 2 inch foam insulation, and then dry wall. Just eliminate the foam, it worked for me. JR

Back