Fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by leweee
as in real estate...location location location with firewood it's marketing marketing marketing.Even if the wood is free...if you get burned on the retail end (and you will get burned) it soon gets to be no fun! Cash will be your best friend.(providing it's not counterfit)"Show Me The Money"will be your favourite one liner.Take it from one who knows"It's a tuff row to hoe".
leweee :rolleyes:

Gee, you mean you don't take checks either? :laugh:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16601

If you are going to have tree guys drop logs you better be ready when they start dropping 40"-60" logs. If you don't spell it out from the start you'll have the goodies from crane removals, cabling wire and hooks, flag pole metal hangers and tons of nails.

In my area they pay to get rid of wood so if I am taking in logs I can be picky about what they can dump. As Sedanman stated "he couldn't park for 2 months" believe him. You better be ready because they will drop it anywhere, any time. You have to tell them and be there when they are dropping. Make sure you have room to work your gear. If you are set up right there is money, I have 2 retired ol timers that help me price is right and it's fun listening to these guys go at it all day.

If you have the splitter and conveyor that's over half the battle, the more you touch the wood the less you make. Dress British and act Yidish and you can make money.

Marky Mark is right! There's a local crew that'll drop off wood anytime I ask. The photo shows the aftermath of what happens when I asked this spring. I got about 10 cords of maple in one day. They had two big take downs nearby. Apparently there were about 10 small trees 50 or 75 years ago that grew into one big tree. The butt logs were 48" in diameter. Took me a couple weeks of weekend work to clear the yard.

Back