Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015 Mad River Complex and Ruth Lake Fires.
So desperate for engines they kept our Type1 Strike team for 6 weeks.
We shuttled our own water from Ruth lake, filled pumpkins, relay pumped ridge line hose lays for structure protection, did Hydro-mine mop-up with Stanislaus Shots and 2 Cal fire crews w/uninterrupted water supply from Ruth lake (think the water level dropped a little)
40f60b54fbbdcb2a3bdd3f1469dc03e7.jpg
Hyampom Airport
3fbc66115fd96b3c753b5efb6357668d.jpg
78e45d3bab3c737110ab7c7768a5ab50.jpg
17faa55c456550fcedcacee56f2c1d34.jpg

Erik

Short version:

Full version w/ first account speaking:

I Just re-ran across this. I was a medic on this fire and sent-from my division on opposite side of fire to meet up with Branch and rescue resources just below entrapment. They ended up being brought safely out the top of the fire. Our access point was blocked by the flame front. I ended up transporting the three to the local ER for a medical check after a quick Debrief w/ the IMT. A very humbling experience and a long nite.

There live camera footage of the events became a “Lessons Learned” episode.

A T-cell has moved over the fire and it was raining on the right side of the fire where we had been

Erik

News here: the Eagle Creek fire in the Columbia River gorge from last fall has had a few flare-ups, not surprisingly. Surprisingly? I went away for a few days to visit with navy friends and when I came back the road edges everywhere have started to brown a month early. We should be deep in greenup, not starting dryout. This bodes ill as we are shorter-staffed than usual. The turn took 5 days. I'm not alarmed, exactly, but it has my attention.

Running last Friday I was about a 3 days or so of the yarding with the slash turning brown/red by the time the yarding had started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ute Park fire in New Mexico is past 5,000 acres now.

We had another escaped control burn today north of bass lake. 6 acres outside the line. The hills west of coalinga are burning again due to the airline and eastern fires. 600 acres so far.

Just back from King City fire at noon and 4:00 dispatch for wind driven fire on San Rafael Hill in Marin County. 2nd alarm w/full county dispatch, 2 fixed wing and 1 rotor w/crew
c5e52b7bb499f50dc4685ed95b05e0bd.jpg
cd208248be2d2cc895c59cab763c7bba.jpg
363c00ff4c8aefe7e9216bf94c714d35.jpg
and a little late night clean-up
37f775a06ccea635133b1354aa3e4f6f.jpg

Erik

The Airline and Eastern fires were right in the area I spent my summers as a kid up through high school. I lived on the ranch directly across the river from Beaver Dam station. I took lots of bucks there over the years to have the tags signed off. I also lived at Bitterwater Station. My cousins still have 640 acres in Bitterwater.

Latest posts

Back