Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flame height on the pipeline fire in AZ is unreal:

(sorry, can't figure out how to link directly to the video).

That mountain peak is about 3000' above the surrounding terrain. That makes those flames something like 500' high. Holy ****. I worked on fire crew in that area decades ago. We didn't get that kind of fire then.

BTW the fire is named after a trail near where it started not an actual pipeline. Also they caught the guy who started it.

Lets hope monsoon season starts early to help put this out.

From the PBS website - a vision of hell.
2022-06-14T175744Z_1688564740_RC2TRU93WPX5_RTRMADP_3_USA-WILDFIRES-1200x800.jpg

The Pipeline Fire leaves the mountains northeast of the San Francisco Peaks glowing with thousands of spot fires north of Flagstaff, Arizona, U.S., June 13, 2022. Picture taken June 13, 2022. Photo by Rob Schumacher/The Republic/USA TODAY NETWORK via REUTERS

Alaska's been getting hit pretty hard this year. As of last Friday, every Region 6 hotshot crew was in Alaska along with several T2IA crews as well.
That may be an understatement. My jaw dropped when I saw this site:
http://smoke.alaska.edu/current_fires.html
My last experience in AK was commercial fishing out of Cordova on Prince William Sound 40-45 years ago.. The forests there were so wet that I couldn't imagine them burning. I know they have had fires in that region over the years but the link above shows very little burning in that part of the state.

Yahoo news published an article from the Ventura Star about the Ventura Program that helps former inmates become trained as firefighters. This is a very succesful program funded by the state of California. (Newsom vetoed the establisment of a second training site in northern California.) Please take a few moments to read the article and if you inclined to do so, comment.

Yahoo news published an article from the Ventura Star about the Ventura Program that helps former inmates become trained as firefighters. This is a very succesful program funded by the state of California. (Newsom vetoed the establisment of a second training site in northern California.) Please take a few moments to read the article and if you inclined to do so, comment.
I'm guessing this the article you mentioned. This sort of program seems like a win-win for all concerned.
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/l...s-into-professional-firefighters/10043550002/

Latest posts

Back