fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntsarborist

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
sad to say my shop caught fire late last night destroyed booms on the Hi-Ranger, 6 possibly 7 saws, bobcat was destroyed and stump grinder was destroyed. there were alot of other things thats not accounted for yet. fire cheif said that the cause of the fire was that there was a whole in the gas line for the torches and the pilot light on the heater set the blaze and exploded the tanks. there is insurance on the buisness but not sure if they will cover $400,000 worth of equipment and property. will not be able to contact the insurance company until tommorow. i will keep this updated

I can't imagine how disappointing that must be for you. My sympathies for your loss. I sure hope the insurance co. does right by you and you get back in business soon.

I can't imagine how disappointing that must be for you. My sympathies for your loss. I sure hope the insurance co. does right by you and you get back in business soon.

yah its not good, still got another bucket truck and climbing gear to get thru with for right now but it is very disapointing and a huge setback but going to try to do with whats available yet.

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the insurance will cover it and you can recoup most of the loss.

Best of luck.

Why wouldn't the insurance cover it? You had the shop covered, right? I know it will be a pain in the butt to sort through it all....

So sorry for your loss, I can't imagine having to go thru that.

My sympathy and prayers go out to you. Best wishes for a speedy bounce back. It could have been worse, someone could have gotten hurt or killed. Things are easier to replace than people. But still, what a way to roll into March.

Peace and Blessings,

Mike

thanks alot everybody but i have good news and bad news. i talked to the insurance company today and of course they want pictures of everything and they said that if anything they will only be able to replace half the value worth of equipment because to them it sounds like human error with the torches because the valve on the acytlene was not closed completely and they shouldnt have been near an open flame from what is in the investigation report and if i can prove different than they will replace all that was lost so as of now im trying to prove otherwise. again thanks everyone who has responded.

sorry to hear that, ive had a big fire in the past and its a real kick in the stomach, hope you can get back on your feet soon.

The very first thing any insurance company wants to do in a large loss is mitigate their payout. They'll tell you anything they can to get you to take less. Don't settle for it. Start talking like a customer that expects to get what you paid them for. Don't forget to mention contacting the insurance commissioner if they don't pay up. Don't bother threatening them with your lawyer. They're not going to be afraid of that. They've got more lawyers than you do and they don't really care how much they have to spend using them.

I'm so sorry to hear this it's awful news. Insurance companies really wind me up they are for ever looking for excuses not to pay out. The fact is you paid your Insurance, and it sounds more like an accident than negligence. How would you know something like that was leaking? It could happen to anyone.

Battle the insurance company with all your might, my wife, and my sincere best wishes are with you.

just an update on how things are going. i got the insurance company to pay for 75% of the damage but they will not pay for no more. going to buy a new hi ranger today along with a few new saws, and will have pics of everything as soon as i can. the rest of the loss isnt no big deal i guess. few jobs it will pay for itself. things turned out a little better than expected. have a good day

Latest posts

Back